8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me explain this to all of you that obviously are ******* BLIND or (OBLIVIOUS) I will S-P-E-A-K or in your case T-Y-P-E S-L-O-W-L-Y

My taffy 06 was VIN 2990 of si's built so basically I had one of the first navi cars available in Jersey.

I bought a 2006 Civic si in taffeta with navi for 22,800 (ARE YOU ALL F-O-L-L-O-W-I-N-G) I know it's difficult, but bare with me The next part is tricky I also bought the full hfp body kit, I also bought the hfp suspension, I also bought OEM fog lights. TOTAL $3000.00 RETAIL.....Let's continue SHALL we. I also bought VOLK TE 37'S TA's Value Roughly DEPENDING ON TIRES AND NUTS LOCKS ETC. $2800.00 I also purchased CAI has no binding on this case but I wanted to include it for you ignorant (INTELIGENT) people. I also Had Skunk 2 knob and Comptech SS BOTH ITEMS INCLUDED IN THE MUGEN

So C-L-A-S-S follow together READY!!!
CAR $22.800
OEM ACCESSORIES $3,000
VOLK TA's NUTS etc. $2,800
Knob and Comptech SS $100

ALSO the prices on all Civic's went up $300.00 2 months after my purchase. Plus the 06 si's don't have VSA which increased the MSRP of 07's and 08's approx $1000.00
Also the 08's have the TPMS Sensors. Also all the kinks in the 06's are worked out now.

plus odds and ends Total APROX $29,000.00 or MORE (GENERAL MATH ANYONE,ANYONE,ANYONE,)

Let's not forget the Market Adjustment value when the si came out compared to this limited edition car with authentic MUGEN parts.

(I don't care for this one myself)
Not being first on the block, but how about first in half the U.S. value.
Cat back exhaust system over $1000.00
you saw the video for all the other odds and ends, for those that didn't go watch it!

Granted the Mugen has no Navi however when everything is factored in you do the math. I'm tired of typing to satisfy people that I don't even KNOW so **** OFF.

PLUS EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS TO THE PARTS! We shall see about the grey market, which will most definitely offset any costs I’ve incurred (if any)

The best part of the entire thing is watching all of you that didn't see this really think about it. Remember I love the H as well as being and OEM parts whore so this car is PERFECT no need to change anything.

There’s enough power to keep things fun as well as her looks and handling.
I still read posts after (2years now) how people trade there si's in for (faster cars) and miss the entire fun factor as well as high reving engine the si has become known as.

Let's not forget one of the most important things to accompany this si... it'll probably hold more than 90% of its value over the next several years.

so i'll be laughing all the way

I got $22,500 trade in plus still have my Volks $1600.00 value (for sale) I sold the knob and SS already as well as have the Injen CAI.

The MUGEN was $32,000. Which do to the generous trade in value offset it just right in my case.

I hope you all had as much fun reading as I did writing.

For everyone that this does not pertain to I do appologize for the extensive rant. Thanks for all the great compliments.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Right on. You got a $4000-5000 over-allowance on the '06 you traded. Yes, it had the extras on it, but dealers will generally tell you that if it isn't listed as an option in Galves then they don't add any value.

So, even with them charging $2000 over sticker on the mugen, you could say that you got a $2000 discount on the Mugen. Which i agree with.

I highly doubt that they can sell the '06 for $22000. I think they'll lose money on it. And if they do, it could wipe out the remaining profit on the Mugen sale.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Right on. You got a $4000-5000 over-allowance on the '06 you traded. Yes, it had the extras on it, but dealers will generally tell you that if it isn't listed as an option in Galves then they don't add any value.

So, even with them charging $2000 over sticker on the mugen, you could say that you got a $2000 discount on the Mugen. Which i agree with.

I highly doubt that they can sell the '06 for $22000. I think they'll lose money on it. And if they do, it could wipe out the remaining profit on the Mugen sale.
Trade on a 06' SI w/navi is 18k and change. Looks like a good mark-up on the Mugen.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
You don't need to justify anything in my mind. You wanted a car and you bought it...who cares what everyone else thinks. You will never convince everyone including myself that a 30k civic regardless of what it has is worth it. That however gets back to my initial point of who gives a crap....you bought the car not me.

I hope you enjoy it man......I really do.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
There’s enough power to keep things fun as well as her looks and handling. I still read posts after (2years now) how people trade there si's in for (faster cars) and miss the entire fun factor as well as high reving engine the si has become known as.

Let's not forget one of the most important things to accompany this si... it'll probably hold more than 90% of its value over the next several years.
the first part especially pisses me off. when people own a si then complain "OMFG I GOT BEAT BY A FERRARI WHAT DO I DO!?" then the next response is "BUY A FERRARI LAWLZ!" its like give me a fckn break, build your si. have some sort of sense, you knew the power of the car when you were getting in to it, now just cause some guy with a g35 beats your stock si or even r18 your gonna try to compare the cars when there nothing alike... i know im rambling but its been floating around in my head for a while. i just hate that ****, along with pointless posts, cant stress that enough.

/rant

·
Premium Member
19,580 Posts
This thread rocks! Id rep u again but I did in your other thread. Im sure some of the haters/idiots/flamers/losers/children/and other immature pieces of **** read this already and probably dont dare respond. THIS SHOULD BE A STICKY!!!!! haahaha

·
Premium Member
19,580 Posts
the first part especially pisses me off. when people own a si then complain "OMFG I GOT BEAT BY A FERRARI WHAT DO I DO!?" then the next response is "BUY A FERRARI LAWLZ!" its like give me a fckn break, build your si. have some sort of sense, you knew the power of the car when you were getting in to it, now just cause some guy with a g35 beats your stock si or even r18 your gonna try to compare the cars when there nothing alike... i know im rambling but its been floating around in my head for a while. i just hate that ****, along with pointless posts, cant stress that enough.

/rant

IM confused.... that ^^^ was a pointless post...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Great write up, nice car. Not to be a jerk or anything but it doesnt justify spending 30k on an Si to 30k on something better. Unless your the limited edition type of person by all means buy what you like.

·
Premium Member
19,580 Posts
Great write up, nice car. Not to be a jerk or anything but it doesnt justify spending 30k on an Si to 30k on something better. Unless your the limited edition type of person.
which if you read his original thread, he is that type of person. Its a collector. More poower to him. If I had a 2 car garage I would probably get one. But im not leaving my Si outside and the mugen inside. ya know??

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
I'm not even understanding this thread. Don't you realize EVERYONE who writes in your threads about how you got ripped off is just jealous? It's a sexy ass car, it's rare, and the vast majority of us will never have one.. hence people being jealous and needing to justify to themselves that it's over-priced so they shouldn't get it.

I do beleive, however, that it should've come with navi. That's my only gripe - that and only being available in 1 color.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i sold my TA's for 2700, do NOT LET THEM GO FOR $1600, unless they are damaged. Take your time and you can get at LEAST 2400 IMO.

And enjoy that new mugen, i <3 it.
Thanks bud and thanks for the info on the ta's. 3 are perfect 100%, 1 wheel only lost about an inch of the red paint thats it. There are no chucks chips or scrapes on it. I think if the right color red was used it would be impossible to even notice.

·
Premium Member
19,580 Posts
Thanks bud and thanks for the info on the ta's. 3 are perfect 100%, 1 wheel only lost about an inch of the red paint thats it. There are no chucks chips or scrapes on it. I think if the right color red was used it would be impossible to even notice.
Hey ed I am in NJ as well. If u want to sell them I might want to see them. NOt saying I am 100% interested...cuz I wouold have to see em first. I am in the hamilton area.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You don't need to justify anything in my mind. You wanted a car and you bought it...who cares what everyone else thinks. You will never convince everyone including myself that a 30k civic regardless of what it has is worth it. That however gets back to my initial point of who gives a crap....you bought the car not me.

Great write up, nice car. Not to be a jerk or anything but it doesnt justify spending 30k on an Si to 30k on something better. Unless your the limited edition type of person by all means buy what you like.
Thanks again for the compliments.

However, I would bet that neither of you or anyone else who isn't convinced are the type of people that would spend $3 grand on wheels either so that's sort of my point.

again thanks

·
Registered
1,037 Posts

thank you...beautifully put...no need to justify anything unless u r unsure of the decision +rep

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
Congrats on your exclusivity, and good luck with that first door ding:biggrin:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts