8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
If anyone has any questions on the install, reference the DIY (it is what I used) and feel free to PM me with any additional questions. I did mine a few weeks ago, so it is still fresh in my mind.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Bro, I will install the SS this weekend. As for the Hybrid bushings, get them. They really have improved shifter feel. The tranny is much easier to engage in VTEC when banging through the gears. I may also get the Corsport bushings for the shifter base to make it more solid. When done, the car should really shift well.

·
Banned
24,191 Posts
if you enjoy shifting your car with confidence,it's well known the 8thgen has gears that sometimes grind,I'm sure this fixes most if not all of those problems.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
is it really worth getting one for DD?
If you hit VTEC a lot and want more positive shifts, then get it. The throw is shorter and the shifter itself sits a little lower. I haven't been able to install mine yet because we have had massive thunderstorms for over 2 days now.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
If you hit VTEC a lot and want more positive shifts, then get it. The throw is shorter and the shifter itself sits a little lower. I haven't been able to install mine yet because we have had massive thunderstorms for over 2 days now.
idk if this is out of the subject but i cant seem to find a type rLSD for the FA5 but i found one for the RSX type r, can i use that?

·
Registered
40 Posts
:spinning: It's here already, installed last night in less than an hour with the diy on here......it's def better than stock, seems to be more sure of gear locs. like gates are wider....so far so good....:dance:

41 - 60 of 144 Posts