8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I have that feeling that the mugen short shifter is better then corsport, skunk2, and twm because it's an actual shift assembly not just an adapter. However, I am a proud owner of the corsport short shifter, the cable bushings, and the base bushing and I love the shift action now. Very precise. I would def love to see how this one compares.

·
Registered
470 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
the mugen one i have is great... just as short as the comptech its just smoother.. and the one king sports is going to sell is some how different from the ones some of us already have
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/civic-si/167252-best-short-shifter.html
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/interior-style-mods/73567-diy-mugen-quick-shift-assembly.html
I believe that. I think it would be well worth the buy. I just got mine like 2 months ago though so I think I'm gonna keep it maybe a used one will show up.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Just placed an order for one. This is a great deal. Will be nice to have this with my Hybrid Racing bushings.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts

Limited quantities will be arriving at the end of July - Special Introductory Price of $239 thru 07.31.09 - So Preorder Yours Now!

Mugen Quick Shifter for 8th Gen Civic
Nice find.

I wonder if there any difference between this one and the one that is available to the USDM Mugen Civic Si beside one was distributed through American Honda. I'm talking about performances wise and qualities.

Just placed an order for one. This is a great deal. Will be nice to have this with my Hybrid Racing bushings.
Hey Bill, where can I get the Hybrid Racing bushings?

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Nice find.

I wonder if there any difference between this one and the one that is available to the USDM Mugen Civic Si beside one was distributed through American Honda. I'm talking about performances wise and qualities.

Hey Bill, where can I get the Hybrid Racing bushings?
Apparently, it is slightly different from the one that could be ordered for the Mugen Si. As for the bushings, I sent you a visitor's message.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Just placed my order for this. Combine it with Hybrid bushings, base bushings and a Mugen shift knob I should have a very solid feeling shifter.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I bought mine for my Mugen Si from American Honda and mine says made in Japan on it. Also I believe mine is from the second batch that was revised from Mugen.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Once you go Mugen you don't go back. Get one now while they are still available! I have one and its worth every penny. Maybe not the shortest throw, but in this case it's quality of quantity. These are the crispest shifts you'll have in a car short of a race car or s2000.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
What is the throw reduction???? TWM is coming out with a Stage II Shift Assembly that's supposed to be around 45% or so...

21 - 40 of 144 Posts