8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
newb question but dose this work just like the twm and skunk 2 one or is it better? and whats the diff?

·
Registered
211 Posts
The difference, is that Mugen has a long history of working directly with Honda exclusively to build high quality performance parts. Are the other shifters worth looking into?...sure. Take a look around this site to see what others have said about the alternatives. I know that I have come across reviews of them before. You may even find someone that has switched to one or the other and can give you a comparison analysis. One more thing about this particular shifter is that it has never been made available to the general public before. Until now it has been exclusively offered to those with Mugen Civics or really good connections within Honda. With that said, feel free to do you homework, but this is a rare and great opportunity. i have the Mugen Quick Shifter and Love it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
what is the percentage number though?
Because the twm stage2 is going to be 45% throw reduction...
so i wanted to compare both of it since mugen is finally selling it to everyone!

·
Registered
11,037 Posts
The difference, is that Mugen has a long history of working directly with Honda exclusively to build high quality performance parts. Are the other shifters worth looking into?...sure. Take a look around this site to see what others have said about the alternatives. I know that I have come across reviews of them before. You may even find someone that has switched to one or the other and can give you a comparison analysis. One more thing about this particular shifter is that it has never been made available to the general public before. Until now it has been exclusively offered to those with Mugen Civics or really good connections within Honda. With that said, feel free to do you homework, but this is a rare and great opportunity. i have the Mugen Quick Shifter and Love it.
mugen was founded by the brother of socheiro honda who founded honda motor company

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
ok so sorry for the newb questions but..

what are the advantages of purchasing this? Shorter shifts

how hard is this to install yourself? not at all

does this fit the coupe? yes

and wouldnt CorSport Online Store: Honda - 06+ Civic - 560-022 do the same thing? dont get me wrong i would love to have that mugen but my pockets arent that deep right now =[

thats your choice.

i have an 09 si btw

thanks

·
Registered
8,136 Posts
mugen was founded by the brother of socheiro honda who founded honda motor company
Did you learn that from the new issue of Honda Tuner by any chance?

And if I had an si, I would deff get this, I love all things JDM

·
Registered
448 Posts
whats the % on the throw reduction? im trying to see if theirs going to be a big diff between this and the corsport.

·
Registered
425 Posts
is this the same one you can get from the dealership for $206 shiped?
This is the one from honda, the issue arises when you try to put your hands on one. I haven't tried in some time but when I did, you had to have a VIN number to get it.

I heard somewhere that you could get these from the dealer now, but my current location doesn't make that easy to verify.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is the one from honda, the issue arises when you try to put your hands on one. I haven't tried in some time but when I did, you had to have a VIN number to get it.

I heard somewhere that you could get these from the dealer now, but my current location doesn't make that easy to verify.

This is not a part available from a Honda dealer. It's an authentic Mugen piece from Japan and will not be available through American Honda.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Huh? Close, but no cigar. Mugen was founded by Soichiro's son, not his brother. His son was into racing, so he wanted to focus on prepping race cars. Early on (not sure if it's still the case), the bulk of Mugen's work was building engines for open-wheel race cars (a lot of privateers used Lola bodies with Mugen engines, for example).

And it's spelled SOICHIRO. :)

Thanks

1 - 20 of 144 Posts