8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been interested in the Mugen wing for the Si Sedan. I have read all the Mugen threads about Honda not selling Mugen parts to anyone other than Mugen owners, even going so far as to demanding a VIN number when ordering a part.

Others have said that you can go to King Motorsports and order one. However, I checked on King Motorsports and I noticed that their wing is different from the one being offered on the Mugen Si.

The Mugen Si wing looks to be added to the existing rear wing on the Si. The King Motorsports wing has no lower wing element and their website makes it clear that you may need an EX trunk lid if you want to install it.

Anyone know what's up between the two?

·
Premium Member
22,779 Posts
niice reuse of my photos. :)

;)

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
they are both totally different wings, w/ the center part (brake light) or not. the Jdm one is one piece while the USDM one is 3 pieces plus the center part.

·
Registered
414 Posts
also it seems the tops of the wings are different too. The jdm top is flush with the sides where the usdm is set in.

·
Registered
49 Posts
also i think the important thing is factory is a bolt-on? while jdm need new holes drilled
thats why its called "Aftermarket" :biggrin:, but i wouldn't be surprised if u needed to drill new holes for the Mugen Si spoiler, as for Honda not selling Mugen Si parts to anyone but Mugen Si owners sucks, because I really wanted the rear diffuser from the Mugen Si. :confused:

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thats why its called "Aftermarket" :biggrin:, but i wouldn't be surprised if u needed to drill new holes for the Mugen Si spoiler, as for Honda not selling Mugen Si parts to anyone but Mugen Si owners sucks, because I really wanted the rear diffuser from the Mugen Si. :confused:

I hear you. I love the rear diffuser too. It looks a lot better than the HFP rear bumper attachment.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
so then what do i doo? where can i buy the spoiler to make my fa5 to look like the fiji blue mugen already got the color =P where can i get the spoiler wit the thirdbrake light peice??

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
so then what do i doo? where can i buy the spoiler to make my fa5 to look like the fiji blue mugen already got the color =P where can i get the spoiler wit the thirdbrake light peice??
I am afraid for the moment, your only option will be to go to a local Honda dealership with a Mugen languishing on the sales floor and take the wing off of it. Hopefully the aftermarket will come up with something that includes the lower middle piece that sits on the trunk with a 3rd brake light.

·
Registered
414 Posts
unfortunatly any aftermarket pice would have to be different in some way to avoid legal troubles, so good luck getting that look without a real mugen piece.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts