8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
pigfragger have try this out but it's failed. He also stated that he didn't try to shave it down to make it work.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/bolt...h-ct-engineering-short-shifter-epic-fail.html

So I was wondering if anyone have try to modify it to make work?

I have both the CT and the Mugen QS together, I shave down the lower part of the Mugen QS about an inch or so in order for the CT SS to clear through, but the worst and stupid part is I don't have a Civic Si to test it on to see if it will work. The only thing that concerns me is that when you shift to 1st,3rd,5th gear the lower part of the shifter may hit the center console.

Btw, any local Civic Si owner are more than welcome to test this short shifter on their Civic Si to see if it will work with no problems.

Update with pictures

Update.

Everything works completely fine with this modification.

·
Banned
3,392 Posts
This is the same problem the 09+ has with short shift adapters, the plastic gets in the way and needs to be shaved down for it to work. It wont work unless you shave down the plastic surround and restrengthen it. Not worth the effort imo, I would just buy the TWM assemble which is around 200 and pop it in, it'll be the shortest you can get and it will be a lot safer than an adapter.

·
Registered
35,845 Posts
This is the same problem the 09+ has with short shift adapters, the plastic gets in the way and needs to be shaved down for it to work. It wont work unless you shave down the plastic surround and restrengthen it. Not worth the effort imo, I would just buy the TWM assemble which is around 200 and pop it in, it'll be the shortest you can get and it will be a lot safer than an adapter.
I'm getting rid of my twm for a mugen qs.. That's a different topic though lol

·
Banned
3,392 Posts
Yeah I think if anything I would get the mugen, but some people like their shifts to be stupid short, and that's what the TWM gives you.

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
Jeez I thought since TWM's had the shortes throw it was the best?

Are you having fitment issues with the TWM SS?

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you remember to leave room for the cable attach point?
Yes, I leave enough more for the cable attach point.

Too bad my wife camera is not charging right now, but I'll post up pictures of the SS as soon as I can get the camera to work.

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
I have no interior in my car except for the dash, front door panels, front seats(drivers is a bucket) & rear deck. The fact that the shifter might hit the console is no concern to me.

I did noticed that the TWM Stg2 SS addresses this issue with a shifter shaft that is bent forward.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Yeah I think if anything I would get the mugen, but some people like their shifts to be stupid short, and that's what the TWM gives you.
By the way, the TWM stage 2 claim 45% on the 06-08 Civic Si.

And the Mugen is roughly 25%+ as well as the Comptech, so I'm assuming that combining the two will give approx. 50%+ shorter throw which is more superior to the TWM stage 2 one beside the price and time to modify it right?

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
In theory that is true but lets see if you can fit it lol. Some guys had issues with the lower pivot arm of the TWM stage 2 knocking on the console so I feel like you'll have that issue too.

But you never know till you try eh?
Yeah, that's the only concern I'm having right now.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts