8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be getting an '08 SI Sedan in a month and thanks to a recent post of mine regarding helping with color options, I have decided on Fiji Blue.

Now performance-wise I plan on staying N/A and want a Mugen I/H/E set-up. Does anyone know any websites I can find these Mugen parts for an 06-08 SI?

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
please search. there are so many thrads and this is a hot topic right now beacuse dealers are (but they arent supposed to) selling mugen Si parts.

besides that option, you would need a JDM front end conversion then you can use any body kits avaialable at www.kingmotorsports.com.but be prepared to pay otu teh ass for teh front end conversion and then the mugen kit.

if you want mugen performance, the only things avialbe now are the suspension and exhaust. both about $1200 IIRC. also avialable at king motorsports. before you even ask, the mugen intake will not fit becuase it doesnt have room for a MAF sensor.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now i'm not sure if Mugen has all of these parts for the SI Sedan, so I was thinking about a backup plan of AEM SRI, Skunk 2 Cat-Back and DC Race Headers. Anyone know which set up Mugen or Aftermarket, will yield me the most HP? Also after these mods I will get a hondata reflash and a tune. Thats all i'm doing to this car after I get it. That should give me all the power I need and want.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
1.mugen does not have an intake for us. but dont get AEM. go with xfactor intake (avaialbe at corsport soon), or stick with stock.
2. skunk 2 catback is fine. alittle loud for my tase, but alot of people like it.
3. DCsports has been sold to APC and i do not recommend getting them anymore. next step up is vibrant race header and it is $600.

mugen does make an exhaust, and can be bought at king motorsports. that seems to be the only part you want that mugen makes for the car. but the skunk2 exhaust will most likely yeild more HP. the mugen SI exhaust is more of the name than performance when it comes down to this car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I was afraid of Mugen parts not being available, and i'm not liking the price either. Looks like I will go with the back-up plan. Thanks

The AEM SRI, Skunk 2 Cat-Back and the DC Race Headers should definitely give me some extra HP. Anyone have any better combination ideas?

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
I will be getting an '08 SI Sedan in a month and thanks to a recent post of mine regarding helping with color options, I have decided on Fiji Blue.

Now performance-wise I plan on staying N/A and want a Mugen I/H/E set-up. Does anyone know any websites I can find these Mugen parts for an 06-08 SI?
Unfortunately, you are quickly learning that Mugen parts are either not directly applicable to the FA5 or their prices are in the stratosphere. When I got my FBP FA5, I had visions of Mugen dancing in my head. After checking out KingMotorsports, I returned to the sober reality of trying to find alternatives.

I just installed a Vibrant cat-back exhaust. I plan on a Vibrant RH with HFC and X-factor intake along with a Hondata reflash. That will be it for N/A mods. At some point in time, I would like to do the Comptech Supercharger, which would really ramp up the performance.

Go with a well thought out plan. Do research here on the forum. Learn the pros and cons for each item you are considering. Then make your decisions based upon the wealth of knowledge here on the forum. Best wishes to your mods on your FA5!

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
its not avaialbe there yet. in january it is supposed to be. the only way to get it now is get on a waiting list for the guy to make you one. his username is xfactorx

it has proven gains of 12whp w/ keeping the stock a/f ratio.

·
Registered
274 Posts
no no go with skunk2 exhaust, buddy club race header (i would go toda) but thats because i can spend more, and either injen or xfactor intake, i say injen for CAI and i dont know much bout xfactor then u will be on the right path what do u say?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.