8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.kingmotorsports.com/category.aspx?cat=56 - Will this puppy work well with the comptech sc you think? Or work well period? I really wanna get rid of my injen CAI, too many issues just for the thing to be in the car with the p2r stuff, and I dont think the CAI will work with the sc, so I plan on getting a new intake system

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
that one is for the 06-07 type R, not the 06-07 si yet. you'll have to wait for them to release one for us. it should work with the S/C just like the stock intake system with P2R spacer and stuff.

·
Banned
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured it was too good to be true. Problem with King motorsports is they always do the names of the cars wrong, kind of annoying. Hopefully they will come out with our car soon enough, because im going to have no intake with the supercharger, im getting rid of the cai

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
most of king motorsports products are labeled correctly for the cars they fit. that intake was labeled for the the type r, which that intake does fit since it doesnt have a MAF sensor.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Hopefully they will come out with our car soon enough, because im going to have no intake with the supercharger, im getting rid of the cai
What do you mean you wont have and intake for your supercharger, why would you not use the CAI with it or the stock intake. TeamValorracing swears by the X intake with his charger. maybe you could give it a try.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
What do you mean you wont have and intake for your supercharger, why would you not use the CAI with it or the stock intake. TeamValorracing swears by the X intake with his charger. maybe you could give it a try.
i'm not sure myself but do you think that he can use the CAI with P2R spacer and the S/C at the same time?

·
Banned
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i'm not sure myself but do you think that he can use the CAI with P2R spacer and the S/C at the same time?
I dont think youll be able to use the p2r with the SC no matter what. Im already having problems with that stupid CAI about fitment. Its just a pain and not worth it, so I was looking into buying another intake, perferably not a SRI because that would just cause more heat, and a CAI wont work, so maybe something along the lines of a stock airbox but yet has more gains and better intake system. I dont want to use the stock airbox because...well its stock, if you catch my drift haha

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
I dont see why not, the throttle body is basically still in the same location as stock.

But on the other hand, there was a thread that discussed using the spacer with the S/C and was determined that it has no effect on the S/C. I think the spacer basically benefits N/A engines only.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
I dont think youll be able to use the p2r with the SC no matter what. Im already having problems with that stupid CAI about fitment. Its just a pain and not worth it, so I was looking into buying another intake, perferably not a SRI because that would just cause more heat, and a CAI wont work, so maybe something along the lines of a stock airbox but yet has more gains and better intake system. I dont want to use the stock airbox because...well its stock, if you catch my drift haha
sounds like you should get the xintake then...

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
well, try using the X's intake, it's a sri too, but the tube is plastic, not metal so you won't suck that much heat compare to other sri. i think you'll be okay with it.

·
Banned
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^ I dont remember his tag, some guy with a guy standin with an m4 and the m203 looking into the camera. Said his car is *** too haha

1 - 20 of 23 Posts