8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched the threads and haven't really found a concrete answer to my following concern. Stock Honda wheel-locks do not fit with the MUGEN GP's (or so I've been told) What are the alternatives? (Mugen's, Rays, etc) is Lugnut size a concern? What are the measurements of Mugen lugnuts?

Don't want the new shoes to get stolen, as of right now they have no locks installed. :police:

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Honestly, wheel locks aren't going to stop anyone that REALLY wants your wheels. Some are definitely made better than others, but they're all defeatable. And yes, the simpler heptagonal Mugen and Rays locks use a key that's pretty easy to get a hold of (I found this out only after destroying my locks after losing my key).

Go for the Mugen or Rays set. They'll dissuade casual thiefs. But your best bet is to just avoid putting your car in situations where the wheels may get jacked (if possible).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Honestly, wheel locks aren't going to stop anyone that REALLY wants your wheels. Some are definitely made better than others, but they're all defeatable. And yes, the simpler heptagonal Mugen and Rays locks use a key that's pretty easy to get a hold of (I found this out only after destroying my locks after losing my key).

Go for the Mugen or Rays set. They'll dissuade casual thiefs. But your best bet is to just avoid putting your car in situations where the wheels may get jacked (if possible).
True dat, but piece of mind, and layers always help. So Mugen Hep's everyone says huh?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts

lol yah my friend works at a tire place, and showed me how easy it is to break wheel locks, if i were u i would order an alarm for each of my rim, lol viper should make individual wheel alarm, that pages you, haha.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I've searched the threads and haven't really found a concrete answer to my following concern. Stock Honda wheel-locks do not fit with the MUGEN GP's (or so I've been told) What are the alternatives? (Mugen's, Rays, etc) is Lugnut size a concern? What are the measurements of Mugen lugnuts?

Don't want the new shoes to get stolen, as of right now they have no locks installed. :police:
the stock honda wheel locks do fit, I have them on my Mugen Si.

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
I would doublecheck your Honda locks to make sure they have the correct seat on them. Take one of your Mugen lugs & the Honda lock off to compare the seat areas. I'm willing to bet that the Honda locks have a ball(round) seat but the Mugen lugs will have a acorn(taperd) seat to them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.