8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to mike at KMS a month ago about the catback exhaust system.He mention that they had some issues with the brake cable placement around the mugen exhaust system.Can someone explain what to look out for?install time? and whats shipping cost on something like this(Living in eastern Canada my fear is customs nailing this at the border).Many thanks.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just got my exhaust today after finally pulling the trigger last week.$1600 CDN(taxes,duty,etc)right to my door.Its looks well built.Also purchased extra studs in case the mechanic breaks one of the stock studs while installing.I will let you guys know how it works soon.Many thanks to Mike.L at KMS.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks to KMS my mugen catback was installed yesterday(mechanic only had to heat the bolts then they came of easy and press the heat shield in at the10oclock position).Install only took half an hour.Much different sound now.Below 4000RPM the deep boom can be heard in any gear.Above that range it is pretty close to normal sound inside until you hit Vtec then it gets slightly louder.Outside the car has a deeper idle until it pulls away,then the sharper,mechanical sound shoots out the exhaust(much meaner than stock).Hope to post a vid soon.Many thanks Mike.L and everybody at KMS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts