8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that some may object to this, and if you do, please feel free to tell me :) Regardless, who think that a mugen si bumper would work well on a stock ex? i have stock rims too sadly, but hopefully not for too long.

A couple of questions

Will the bumper hang alot lower then the sides of my car do?
Do i risk bottoming out when i get my prokit drop?
Does it actually fit into all of the clips and ****? (will it fit like stock)

anyone please? Also feel free to let me know your opinions, my stock bumper is destroyed, i need a new one. pics when my camera is fixed lol. ill try to figure out cell phone pics lolz. Regardless, who thinks it would look alright? Will it work?

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
^u just said ureself it would fit though :( man i really want this, and yes i do have a sedan. And not the jdm mugen, the american version lol, the one that looks like it would actually fit. it would be nice to do an entire front end conversion, but sadly i dont have the money. so will it actually clip on just fine?

and yes i will need the bumper cover, my lip on the stock one is ****** up

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
I'd say that it would look great if it would fit, but I don't think that it would. I know there are some Mugen replicas out there for the USDM sedan, but I don't think that they look the same.

Other than that I don't see what the engine has to do with the exterior mods to the car. If I had an r18 (and some dough) I would probably do the CSX conversion with the mugen lip/rear.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd say that it would look great if it would fit, but I don't think that it would. I know there are some Mugen replicas out there for the USDM sedan, but I don't think that they look the same.

Other than that I don't see what the engine has to do with the exterior mods to the car. If I had an r18 (and some dough) I would probably do the CSX conversion with the mugen lip/rear.
all i want is the front bumper cover, so it will not fit? i cant seem to imagine why it wouldnt, but this is dissapointing...

that in ggm on an ex lol i really would like to see it fit, but spending 300 dollars for something that wont work is a bad idea.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i should hope so, but i wanted to be sure, i guess ill just have to take a risk, is everyone sure that the connections for the si's are the same for the r18's? i sure hope its the same body, cuz if its off by a centimeter its screwed up

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hope that its not much lower in the front then in the sides, otherwise it might look a tad strange. Im going to go to the dealership and get a price on it, and see what i can do, ill also see if tomorrow i can measure one.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
I hope that its not much lower in the front then in the sides, otherwise it might look a tad strange. Im going to go to the dealership and get a price on it, and see what i can do, ill also see if tomorrow i can measure one.
u cant just goto the dealership to order one, u need a mugen vin or know somebody that works in the parts/service dept

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
u are in luck... cuz Im selling my mugen front...

Yes it will fit... all civic 8thgen have the same front bumper... So yes its a direct fit... The mugen grill is also a direct fit... but only if its a sedan which is wat u have...

mugen part are expensive and u cant get them unless u own a mugen si of have the hook up...

well Im selling the both so u can convert ur car into the mugen front... I will shipped both parts... check ur PM

Here the link to my FS thread...
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/part...bumper-sedan-mugen-grill-mugen-front-lip.html

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
I'm sorry, I was thinking that you were talking about the JDM mugen.. the usdm mugen never even crossed my mind.

Yeah, it will fit your sedan without issue. It might be a PITA to actually buy, but once you get it it will definitely fit.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.