8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Instead of starting a new thread id figure id post my question here. I bought my 08 fg2 used with a cai on it and swapped it over to k&ns sri because fear of hydrolock. But with the k&n, the heatshield has an opening for the stock airbox tubing which i dont have. I was wondering if you guys knew where i could find the tube that goes from the air box to the bumper on the mugen. Do you guys think it would be beneficial at all, or should i just leave the hole as is. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I've always like the design of the K&N intake. The only downside to running this intake is heat soak.
Even with that heatshield attached it's still sucking up a tremendous amount of hot air.
Even if you had the stock intake tubing hooked up to it, I don't think it would make much of a difference. But then again you need all the help you can get to help it breathe better. Considered where the intake is placed.
It's up to you to deside.

The only way I see this intake really taking advantage of this feature is,

1. Relocate your battery
2. Face the intake towards your headlamp
And
3. Then attach the stock tubbing to the k&n and run it down the fender wall.

Why not do some research and see if you can find any dyno sheets on this intake?
I'm sure there's some floating around.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think what ill end up doing is buying the stock tubing to get me to the bumper and instead of the resonator ill hook up some spectre tubing and run it to the grill in the bumper.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/intake-spacer-discussion/276116-diy-modified-ct-engineering-intake-forced-cool-air-feed-h20-no-prob-pics.html

Or buy the stock tubing up to the resonator, cut the resonator in half and imitate the m&m scoop. Id rather take this route but i have fog lights so im not sure if it will get that much air flow.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Back on topic...

I bought the Mugen air box a couple months back. I'm deleting MAF and will be tuned using MAP readings in Flashpro (this is the norm anyways).

Some pics:

With the K&N air filter:

And after painting it black like it should be:

I did not want to use the tiny OEM intake tube, so I've had to fabricate a custom aluminum intake to connect my RRC and J35 throttle body to the MUGEN airbox.

V band flange welded to the throttle body:

And the other flange welded to a 3" to 3.5" cone transition:

And bought a 45 degree 3.5" aluminum tubing:

And cut that down to basically a nub:

And how everything looks at the moment. I will get the intake tubing painted satin black...

121 - 131 of 131 Posts