8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
I am stupid on this but why the box down low on our stock intake? Why not just have a pipe going from the box to the end of the pipe now and eliminate the intestine long sytem of pipes.

·
Registered
450 Posts
So there is little no need for that box? Can I just modify the existing setup to come out like a ram air style mugen intake?

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
I'm guessing one obstacle could be fitment--I'm not sure that the FG2/FA5 use the same intake piping as the FD2.
If it doesn't, then the intake might need modification to fit--the Mugen icebox plugs straight into the OEM tube.
Also important to note that the Mugen intake reuses piping in between the resonator champer and the airbox.
It doesn't completely replace all the piping, only the inlet piping. Rest of piping components are OEM.

Also, the tube leading to the resonator might be a different diameter, but can't tell with just diagrams. They at
least look similar compare the above pic to component 9 below. Maybe who the FD2 uses a different pipe than FG2.

·
Registered
923 Posts
King Motorsports posted an update:
King Motorsports said:
We have completed initial test fitting of the Mugen airbox on the 06+ Civic Si. We have found while the airbox physically fits the USDM Si perfectly, the ID of the USDM intake hoses are slightly too small to fit the Mugen airbox. We are working with Samco to produce a correctly sized intake tube that will also have a provision for the USDM mass air flow sensor. More updates to follow.
King Motorsports Unlimited, Inc.

·
Registered
301 Posts
finally some kind of an update, now we'll have to wait another 2 mnths for the next results. i wonder if they are going to just cut a hole for the maf sensor and not do any testing like the other companies have been doing, or are they goning to do something like the x-intake?

101 - 120 of 131 Posts