8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

81 - 100 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Not much if anything.
Wll the intake is designed for the JDM MAF housing which is different and wouldn; be compatible with our USDM civics, so they had to have doen something.

The question is, did they just replace the JDM MAF with the USDM spec MAF or did they do something more?

·
Premium Member
98,627 Posts
Wll the intake is designed for the JDM MAF housing which is different and wouldn; be compatible with our USDM civics, so they had to have doen something.

The question is, did they just replace the JDM MAF with the USDM spec MAF or did they do something more?
ITS JUST A STOCK INTAKE.

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
The Mugen has bigger pipes and a bigger box for more air flow and better throttle responce. It also gets a ram air effect if you cut away some of the fog light area (if you don't have fogs).

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
The Mugen has bigger pipes and a bigger box for more air flow and better throttle responce. It also gets a ram air effect if you cut away some of the fog light area (if you don't have fogs).
:yeahthat:also.

I am really interested in hearing what King motor sports has to say. I would certainly consider spending the money on this intake.

And then I would contact X and possibly purchased one of his MAF's for it!

·
Kansas Chainsaw Massacre
6,296 Posts
Any dyno numbers on it?

not on a USDM civic. problem is, this intake was made for a completely different MAF sensor setup used my a K20A engine. our MAF sensor seems very touchy...

there would be dyno numbers on a FD2 (JDM civic), but I haven't actually seen them. I'll look around for you in between clearing my driveway of snow. :thumb:

·
Registered
185 Posts
How come no one makes a plastic pipe connecting the stock air box to the fog light housing? Ya the Mugen has bigger pipes and a slightly bigger box but I do not think that justifies the price.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
How come no one makes a plastic pipe connecting the stock air box to the fog light housing? Ya the Mugen has bigger pipes and a slightly bigger box but I do not think that justifies the price.
Ehh lets face it Mugen stuff is expensive for us here in the US and, yeah the major differences are larger diameter piping and a more direct route, but the bottom line is no one is making something like it and no one has put similar pieces into production.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Ehh lets face it Mugen stuff is expensive for us here in the US and, yeah the major differences are larger diameter piping and a more direct route, but the bottom line is no one is making something like it and no one has put similar pieces into production.
I should fab up something similar and make some $$. In fact, I think i will...

81 - 100 of 131 Posts