8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any mufflers that sound good on a 2007 si?
I do not want to change the whole exhaust system, I just need a muffler that I can easily attach only by the two bolts for 3 minutes.
:vtec:

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
NO. Y do you only need it for 3 minutes?

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
lol well just replace the stock muffler and it wont be loud but make the car come out a lil bit more. haha and yes why for 3 min????

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
aahahaha i wanted to say just spend 3 min on changing it ahahahahah
I want to use it forever!!!!
The only muffler that I know is HFP that takes 3 min to install, do you know any others??

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
there are a thousand threads on exhaust...

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
alexcivic07si said:
ok those are exhaust systems I just want a muffler....
No, the top one is just the pipe from the axle to the muffler itself. So, it's your three minute job.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
you dont want a muffler. you want an axle back. just a muffler willl take you longer becuase of the cutting and welding. axle back is great because its two bolts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Guys, megan racing makes a mid-pipe I have a DC Race header and I wanted to keep my stock axle. I know the stock axle is restrictive but would I get a good sound or would it sound really raspy. What do you guys think sound and performance wise? The megan mid pipe has a single resinator n 2.5 piping

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
my tanabe is pretty restrictive but has a real nice sound. your stock muffler is going to be pretty similiar to my tanabe but just quieter. i say go for it. quiet exhausts FTMFW

·
Kansas Chainsaw Massacre
6,296 Posts
GlxyGry06Si said:
my tanabe is pretty restrictive but has a real nice sound. your stock muffler is going to be pretty similiar to my tanabe but just quieter. i say go for it. quiet exhausts FTMFW
I don't think the Tanabe exhausts (UNLESS it is an axleback) from the coupe fit the sedan, do they? do you have an axleback?

when you say it is pretty restrictive, do you mean more or less than stock? where did you get that information?

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
oops. i thought we were talking about the coupe. my reading skills own me again. there is a dyno saying that it damn near did nothing for performance. i think thats the case for a lot of exhausts tho. the skunks i think give the best. the tanabe is less restrictive but not by much. the sound is a lot different tho.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
GlxyGry06Si said:
oops. i thought we were talking about the coupe. my reading skills own me again. there is a dyno saying that it damn near did nothing for performance. i think thats the case for a lot of exhausts tho. the skunks i think give the best. the tanabe is less restrictive but not by much. the sound is a lot different tho.
If I could just live in a town that I knew all the cops, I would still have the skunk2.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts