8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had this installed in my car for about a week and can tell you as soon as I jumped in the car to play with the gears I noticed a difference. Honestly, in the beginning I didn't know if this modification was for the better but as I drove around and got used to the feeling I noticed a huge difference in just how smoothly it goes into gear. Before I had the Race Spring installed my gears always felt so notchy and as if I was pushing into 2 gears not 1 (I don't have a short shifter) but this product has definitely eliminated that. I was going the get the Street Spring but I've decided to be different and got the Race Spring and do not regret it! It takes about 10 minutes of driving locally and 5 minutes of driving on the freeway to be used to it.

This is a MUST DO modification and is SUPER cheap.
Mike is also a great person to talk/work with so I would highly recommend this product.

By the way whoever needs help installing this piece my friend actually did a VERY PRO install and it roughly took about an hour. (PM me for details he charges a decent price!)

I would not recommend anyone to do this install alone especially if it is one of your first install!

Company: MTEC Industries

Web Site: MTEC Industries

Step by step Installation: DIY | MTEC Industries

MSRP: 32.98

·
Registered
970 Posts
nice, Ive already done the hybrid racing cable bushings. . . Im wondering if it will really make a difference since it feels like budda already. Thanks for the info.... defiantely considering this now

·
Registered
254 Posts
Arg! Keep finding things to spend on. I'm almost done making my shifting feel as smooth and precise as possible. I already have Innovative Mounts and OMNI CMC, just ordered Russel clutch line, shifter cable and shifter base bushings and Hasport rear engine mount. I was already planning on getting TWM shifter, now I can add this to the list as well. In the end I hope to have a shifter that feels rock solid with no slop that feels very precise when engaging gears.

Thanks for the info, can't pass this up for the price!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Arg! Keep finding things to spend on. I'm almost done making my shifting feel as smooth and precise as possible. I already have Innovative Mounts and OMNI CMC, just ordered Russel clutch line, shifter cable and shifter base bushings and Hasport rear engine mount. I was already planning on getting TWM shifter, now I can add this to the list as well. In the end I hope to have a shifter that feels rock solid with no slop that feels very precise when engaging gears.

Thanks for the info, can't pass this up for the price!
Great choice! You won't regret it :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
From what I read on the site it stiffens up the movement of the shifter itself on the side to side motion only? The vertical motion doesn't get affected?

How much stiffer compared to stock would you say it is?

·
Registered
25,210 Posts
:think:

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
I ordered the "street" one. Mostly because i don't ever plan on taking it out if i ever sell it or whatever. I'll be installing this by myself when i get it in, or possibly a friend might come over. I don't see this as a difficult install at all fyi... looks very simple.

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
I just installed this thing yesterday. The install is easy to be honest. You need to pry rather hard to get the shift mechanism to break loose, and the hondabond gasket maker stuff on the allen bolt on front of the tranny REALLY takes some torque to bust loose, but outside that, it's good.

After getting it in, i think the most common thing i did was miss 5th gear a couple times. Not putting it into 3rd though, but like not pushing far enough over.

Shifting is absolutely smoother, i'm impressed.

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
Also this really gives you a chance to see inside your tranny at the few gears you have a view of, and to clean up your shifter mechanism and inspect your shift cables.

one of my shift cables had a torn boot, so i ordered a new set.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I just got my MTEC Sport springs in the mail. I'm thinking I might use a fishing scale to measure the amount of resistance before and after the installation. I will revisit this thread A.S.A.P!

·
Registered
35 Posts
for any one thinking about getting these, i would highly recommend them. i have them on my rsx.

I have the sport springs, but wish that i put in the race ones.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts