8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 717 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fairly terrible day at the track for me. The only good things I brought back was the fact that aside from the GTR and low 13 second mustang I got lined up against, I beat everything I was racing. Hondas (fools in ricer civics), Acuras (RSX), Nissans (new SE-R), Chevy (S/C SS Cobalt) and Mazdas (Mazdaspeed 3).

Yes, the really awesome Mazdaspeed 3 that is supposedly so f'ing fast an Si can't even begin to touch it.

Well, here's two runs agains the MSP3. Not my best runs (I had an 82mph 1/8th mile trap one one of my runs, and 101mph traps in the 1/4), but I don't care. This wasn't a stock MSP3 either, I talked to him and beyond telling me it was tuned, he didn't say more.

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It looks like he is much slower reacting. His car may be faster but he is not nearly as good of a driver
Like Mucter already posted... R/T doesn't mean didly.

His car traps 6mph slower in the 1/8th mile, and about the same in the 1/4 mile as mine. Given his terrible 60ft, he's inflating his 1/4 trap speed by burning rubber off the line.

Fact of the matter is, I beat him to the finish line by bus lengths. I can't wait to hear more excuses.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Yeah it was the 60ft kill th MS3 coming in a 2.5 that is just terrible. He was making it up top trapping a 102mph. Just a bad driver in the speed3, lol

I'm sure he wasn;t happy.... best mod for a car is the driver mod :)

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah it was the 60ft kill th MS3 coming in a 2.5 that is just terrible. He was making it up top trapping a 102mph. Just a bad driver in the speed3, lol

I'm sure he wasn;t happy.... best mod for a car is the driver mod :)
His best time of the day was a 14.2.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Hey great times man - beat him fair and sqaure. Whether it's driver error or him not being able to get traction... you beat him. 'nuff said.

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, not a very good driver...

At 102mph trap he shoud of hitting 13's all day long
I had 101mph traps as well, should be hitting 13's all day long too huh? More than likely he was burning rubber (as his 60 ft pretty much shows), and he's inflating his trap speed.

I love generalizations. Si win, MSP3 lose.

1 - 20 of 717 Posts