8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have search high and low on here for help on installing a window switch for my sedan with no luck. Do I need a Tach Adapter to convert the signal or can I hook up the Window switch without it.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40138

On the above topic shows which is the RPM wire on the ECU harness.

Example of a way to connect the Window Switch

If I remember correctly you should use only 4 wires of the Window Switch.
  1. Yellow= To the ground wire of the relay (it could be a 4 or 5 pin relay) used with your Nitrous Control Unit. In other words this yellow wire will be the ground source of your relay.
  2. White= To the Rpm wire that is on the upper link in the ECU harness
  3. Red= You can use an extra toggle switch or the same one of that came with the N2O kit. I suggest to use a 12V-30A 4 or 5 pin relay between the Toggle Switch and the other components, just for extra safety.
  4. Black= To the nearest ground source.

Also remember that the on module should be 3,000RPM the off module I suggest 300rpm below the fuel cutoff also know as rev limiter. For the SI (without hondata reflash) 8,000RPM in my opinion is the safest off setting and for the reflashed SI 8300RPM. I know that is hard but if you want to enjoy your nitrous setup this sacrifice is worth it.

The installation on the Civic is quite simple the most difficult part is the RPM wire but since the ECU is accessible in the engine bay isn't that bad.

Hope that this information helps.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dude, Get the hell out of here with your comments so early in the morning, I have had 6 Turbo Cars before, dont come preach in my thread. I dont need you advice, I didnt ask for it here, Just need some help with some wiring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts