8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone seen or heard of an msd ignition on the fg2? i remember my friend had it awhile back on his 98 eg coupe. it allowed him to set his rev limiter to like 3k to have perfect launch control at the track. i searched msd's website but didnt find anything. any help would be great.

·
Registered
281 Posts
thats the only part of msd that would benefit us. if anything, look into okada projects for better spark, but thats about it. cop is much better/efficient that distributer - minus not having k-pro right now.

·
Banned
1,422 Posts
we have a 2 step stock:) at 5500 tho...
yeah but once the vehicle starts rolling that disappears. To answer the original question you would need the MDS DIS 4 or MSD DIS 4 HO (#62153)

DIS-2 HO, PN 62113 and DIS-4 HO, PN 62153

This would be great for those who have the Hondata reflash and are worried about over revving their engine. They can set a high RPM rev limit back to the OEM point. This wont help those who downshift to the wrong gear though. Also those people with FI or Nirtrous set ups will be able to retard their ignition accordingly. So many features.

This device is basically a capcitor. It functions just like a blaster cap for a car stereo amplifier. Capacitors are also used in HVAC applications. They all ensure that the unit has maximum electrical energy to operate the electrical unit. In the automotive application this helps the vehicle to fire a fully charged spark every time, especially at high RPM.

Many argue the OEM system is good enough. Sort of it aint brok dont fix it.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
yeah but once the vehicle starts rolling that disappears. To answer the original question you would need the MDS DIS 4 or MSD DIS 4 HO (#62153)

DIS-2 HO, PN 62113 and DIS-4 HO, PN 62153

This would be great for those who have the Hondata reflash and are worried about over revving their engine. They can set a high RPM rev limit back to the OEM point. This wont help those who downshift to the wrong gear though. Also those people with FI or Nirtrous set ups will be able to retard their ignition accordingly. So many features.

This device is basically a capcitor. It functions just like a blaster cap for a car stereo amplifier. Capacitors are also used in HVAC applications. They all ensure that the unit has maximum electrical energy to operate the electrical unit. In the automotive application this helps the vehicle to fire a fully charged spark every time, especially at high RPM.

Many argue the OEM system is good enough. Sort of it aint brok dont fix it.
Has anyone tried to install this?????? and if yes was it hard?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Where can we mount this?
Any where bro be creative. I just want to know if anyone has installed this, from what i read on the MSD forum some of the ignition retard system aren't compatible with are cars for some reason. Also going through there wiring instructions it looks like a nightmare!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
I have an HKS DLI II Twin Power ignition amplifier on my G35. I bought a special wiring harness that connected directly to the stock ignition. Unfortunately, they only make one for the Fit, not for the Si. As for the MSD, they make great stuff. Had a 6AL on a VW Scirocco. Really helped with misfires and high rpms.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts