8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just signed up for this forum today, I just bought my first Civic 3 days ago, 2007 LX Sedan, 5spd, Canadian Edition. It has an MP3 Aux jack but I cannot figure out how to actually play my MP3 player. I do not have the proper connection.

Can anyone make this simple for me with some advise?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
wrong section of the board, but its ok

you have to buy a cable at radioshack that has a headphone jack on both sides (i THINK its 8mm).. you plug one side into your car, the other into your iPod, then on your stereo push XM/AUX button and your car stereo will now play whatever is playing on your MP3 player... you can play anything that has a headphone jack

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
shutter13 said:
wrong section of the board, but its ok

you have to buy a cable at radioshack that has a headphone jack on both sides (i THINK its 8mm).. you plug one side into your car, the other into your iPod, then on your stereo push XM/AUX button and your car stereo will now play whatever is playing on your MP3 player... you can play anything that has a headphone jack
99.78% sure it's 3.5mm (Just tell them you want the headphone connection on each end). I bought mine at Target for less then $6.

But other then that, what he said! Enjoy your time here on the 8th civic!

·
Registered
909 Posts
I know of some surplus stores in Kitchener that have VERY cheap gold plated 3.5mm cables. Most department stores want about $15 for one of these........I paid $4.

Too bad I don't have an aux input in my car :( I gotta put one in without paying Honda $150 for one :eek:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
kelmar said:
99.78% sure it's 3.5mm (Just tell them you want the headphone connection on each end). I bought mine at Target for less then $6.

But other then that, what he said! Enjoy your time here on the 8th civic!
then 3.5 it is! my gut said it was 8 though :xyxnervou

·
Registered
144 Posts
Don't get the cheap one. I think you should get the "belkin" (Golden Head) one for about 1X dollars. My friend told me it has better quality. That's the one I am using.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I purchased the $19 one from best buy and it sounds CD quality, I am very impressed with the cable and the AUX input overall. I don't use an IPOD, I have an IRiver mp3 player and it just connects to the headphone input...works great!

~Ryan
Phoenix, AZ USA

1 - 8 of 8 Posts