8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
u shouldve asked the cop.

the 1st time i got a ticket.... i got all nervous this and that.

I asked the cop if my insurance was gonna go up.....

hes like nah... dont worry abt it... just do the defensive driving class... and ur record will be erased (provided this is ur 1st ticket in 1 yr).... and hes like ul also get a 100 bucks discount offa the ticket price by taking the def driving course.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
^^^No way, that's got to be the most ridiculous ticket that I have every heard of!

And no, if you take traffic school it won't even go on your record, so your insurance company won't even know you got a ticket. But I would try to fight it, sounds like a BS ticket to me. I fought a ticket that I got for "unsafely crossing a highway" and when I told the judge what happened he knew the cop was being ridiculous and told me that he would notify me by mail and sure enough i was found not guilty.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I dunno then about my ticket 1 1/2 or 2 years ago I was stoped for going 10 over the speed limit ticket was like $150 or so. my ins never went up and I never took the driver course.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Remember, in GA...There is no driving school option. I have consulted an attorney and this has a 3 points value. If I pay it, it goes straight to my record. The attorney says they can reduce it to a non moving violation and can keep it off my record. This is just stupid to have to deal with thanks guys.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
well i got one that affected my rates for not stopping completely... it'll be 3 years since next spring so rates should drop again... that is God willing i don't get another ticket!

·
Premium Member
10,506 Posts
MBK said:
well i got one that affected my rates for not stopping completely... it'll be 3 years since next spring so rates should drop again... that is God willing i don't get another ticket!
May the force be with you.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MBK said:

How much did it affect ins.?? 50 a month? 100 a month?? :eek:hnoes:

·
Premium Member
10,506 Posts
hamerad said:
How much did it affect ins.?? 50 a month? 100 a month?? :eek:hnoes:
There's no way to easily say. It depends on your state, your ins company, how many other violations/accidents you have within a given time, your age...too many variables man. Call your ins agent. They should be able to tell you.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Every state and insurance are different; many insurances do not have the time to check everybody all the time and won't notice it, others do not raise it for just one ticket (they give you a break).
Call your insurance and ask them but do not tell them your name.
Go to court and fight it and hopefully the prosecuter or judge will reduce it to a seat belt or another no points ticket, just make a good excuse.
A lawyer will get you another no point ticket instead but will charge you around $300 plus ticket.
Good luck and let us know what happens.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Back when I was 17 I got a ticket for an expired tag. My insurance went up 100 dollars for a six month period. That citation didn't come off my record till last summer. I had always thought that a citation only stayed for two years on your record.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well...heard back from the state court judge. She says I can enter a plea of Nolo since my record is clean...dismissing the points.. But the violation still shows up on my record and I cannot plead nolo again for 5 years!! Looks like I will be hiring an attorney!! Unless, insurance only goes by points instead of violations when they check MVR. I have Allstate if it matters.

·
Registered
928 Posts
CaliGuy said:
It can effect you ins rates, but if you go to traffic school (or whatever your state calls it) you should be all good. I got a ticket for throwing a cig out the window and it effected my rates!
no offense but.... its ppl who do this that really piss me off.... so if you're some one who throws your cigs out the window... i light my own and toss them into your car..... DAM litter bugs

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
i got pulled over today kinda.. i was parked, got out of my car and a cop drove up and turned his lights on. he got out and he asked for my license reg and proof of insurance, i started laughing, i knew he didnt clock me, my radar was dead silent, and he was like.. do u know u were speeding? and i said nope, he then said "it looked like you were doin maybe 60 65. so thats when i turned into an ******* and laughed at him. he knew he didnt have **** on me, so he "gave me a warning" and left. what a ****** retard

1 - 20 of 27 Posts