8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What did you guys use to mount your DIY intakes in your car? I know most of you have made a bracket out of flat metal bars that you drilled holes in.

I found come metal bars that would probably work, but I have no means to bend them, as they are pretty sturdy. Has anyone found a good, easy solution?

It would be great to find a pre-existing solution, that doesn't entail drilling and bending.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Many people have used aluminum strips because they are easier to bend and drill a hole through, they can be found at home depot, or a hardware store. I personally bought a Spectre Universal Air Intake mounting kit from here

Spectre Industries 8701 - Spectre Performance Air Intake Mounting Brackets - summitracing.com

It was very cheap (pricewise) and also worked very well. The Mounting things that come with the bracket are fully adjustable and can almost bend at any angle. The picture in the link however is misleading and shows 2 kits instead of one. Heres a pictures of how i mounted my intake with it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.