8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks back I ordered a set of Hankook w300 snow tires from Discount Tire Direct mounted on 16" steel wheels for my 07 SI coupe. Installed them on Saturday only to discover that they are not balanced at all. The wheel starts shaking pretty badly at 30 mph, but I'm getting them rebalanced ASAP. They said that if I fax them the invoice they'll reimburse me. Can anyone verify how honorable they are in that regard?

What I'm worried about more is that there is a weird knocking noise coming from the front of the car when I make left turns only. Not just sharp turns in the parking lot either, but gradual lefts on city streets. It sounds a bit like bad CV joints but I have less than 12k on my car. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Can the knocking be a cause of poor balancing? Is there anything around the brake or suspension assembly that could cause it? Any information would be appreciated, thanks.

Peter

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I used to work for them. There are people that hurry up and just want to get the job done quick sometimes, but the managers will reimburse you for sure and they their motto was something like always make the customer happy...

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I took them to get balanced turns out they were the wrong wheels. The center hole wasn't big enough to fit the hub so they didn't even sit flush at all, about 1/4" away from the hub, so since saturday my whole car was riding on nothing but lug bolts. I'm just glad nothing happened, and nobody got hurt. So now I have to call DTD and see if they're going to send me an new sen and take this one back or just send the wheels and reimburse me to have them mounted. In the mean time I hope it doesn't snow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts