8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question The Innovative Motor Mounts out for our car would that make the ingalls tourqe dampner be like pointless? or would they work well together?

·
Banned
6,259 Posts
It would be pointless to have both. The mounts are better and definitely the way I will be going when I get to that stage.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
^^^ Yeah ... there is really no need for it. Plus, innovative mounts illuminate your passanger side dog bone completely, so i dont think you can even install ETD anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,754 Posts
They can both work together but the ETD won't be doing as much since the mounts will be doing the job primarily now of eliminating wheel hop.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
illuminate? u mean eliminate ? if so are u saying i dont need that dog bone or etd anymore?
yeah.. sorry eliminate. And yes, you dont need dog bone...

They can both work together but the ETD won't be doing as much since the mounts will be doing the job primarily now of eliminating wheel hop.
^^^ i got mine from them. Great service, fast shipping, and best price i could find around. Thanks guys. I have a S/C so i couldnt use EDT. But after you put mounts on, motor doesnt move at all so there is really no need for it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I am having trouble finding a place to buy these. I searched CorSport, Excelerate and google to no avail. Where are people getting these?

·
Registered
123 Posts
try clubrsx

why not get the bomba mounts from WSCP.com
The boomba mounts are pretty cool The only thing stopping me is, and I don't know if it's true or not, is the oil pan issue with their bottom mount. I am running F/I and don't want to take the chance...

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
I am having trouble finding a place to buy these. I searched CorSport, Excelerate and google to no avail. Where are people getting these?
just PM to Excelerate.. he had some in stock last week.. when i got it. I am sure he will help you out. PasswordJDM and ClubRSX have them but Excelerate gave me a better deal.

The boomba mounts are pretty cool The only thing stopping me is, and I don't know if it's true or not, is the oil pan issue with their bottom mount. I am running F/I and don't want to take the chance...
Thats why i bought innovative. I am not sure niether if its true or not. I had innovative on my brothers car for a year and no problems at all. they have lifetime warranty and the softest ones are good up to 400-500hp from what i've heard. Plus RSX guys are pretty happy with them

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
yeah.. i bought the car with stage 2 ct sc... also ct intake, header, and exhaust. i am trying to reach comptech for the past 3 weeks since they have to do the final tune. I will call them tomorrow again. I havent dyno my car yet... car used to have a bad wheel hoop but now its gone.

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts

OK guys there is no oil pan issue. It is just rumor spread by some of our competitors that have inferior product and the only way that they can hold on to their sales is to badmouth our product. Our mounts were extensively tested on our shop car before being released to general public. There is no oil pan problem and as a matter of fact the mounts location that we have chosen has proven to be the best location for SI to eliminate completely wheel hop.

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
OK guys there is no oil pan issue. It is just rumor spread by some of our competitors that have inferior product and the only way that they can hold on to their sales is to badmouth our product. Our mounts were extensively tested on our shop car before being released to general public. There is no oil pan problem and as a matter of fact the mounts location that we have chosen has proven to be the best location for SI to eliminate completely wheel hop.
can you send me a set id like to try them, maybe a prototype?:thumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts