8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me, I'm looking to upgrade my motor mounts, but I don't want full race mounts, who makes them and were can I get them?

I ask because I feel the engine rocks abit much with my SC and I need a stiffer engine mount but I don't want to over do it.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
please describe your experience with your boomba mounts, because even the manufacturor states not for a DD because of increased vibration....?

PS K20beast, as a clemson grad, I'll throw in a go tigers...

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
I have innovative motor mounts. They are medium stifness 75A. Car gets vibrations similar to ETD... not too bad. Then maybe i am just used to it by now. Clubrsx sells them and i think some of the sponsors on this website.

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
The Boomba Mounts are very good. Totally eliminated wheel hop for me. At first the vibrations are a little too much, but after they break in it is DD'able.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
the innovative mounts and boomba mounts are 2 different sets of mounts. Our car has 5 and boomba has 3 and innovative has 2 so you cant really compare.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the innovative mounts and boomba mounts are 2 different sets of mounts. Our car has 5 and boomba has 3 and innovative has 2 so you cant really compare.
The innovate web site shows 3 mounts, the boomba web site shows 3 mounts, I don't get it?

·
Registered
123 Posts
sorry to post this here, but don't want to make my own thread. How does a torque damper compare to motor mounts vibration-wise and performance-wise? Are they lower vibration? Are they adequate for F/I? Thanks

·
Registered
350 Posts
boomba racing all the way.. yes there is significant vibration but considering it eliminates engine movement almost totally its a sacrifice im willing to deal with. and yes this is my daily driver too

1 - 20 of 25 Posts