8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
as far as mufflers go the twin loop, to the best of my knowledge, would have the least impact on performance since it's still considered a straight through muffler.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Jesse, sweet setup man. Looks great. It would be awesome to hear a video.

For those who ask about the performance of a twin loop muffler, it slightly improves it over a free flowing muffler. Plus, it reduces sound. A win-win proposition!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Are you guys using a catback exhaust and replacing the muffler with the twin loop.
Hate to bring up an old thread but i don't want all the ricer sound from the whip.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
huckleberry, do you have a header? how much did sound decrease?

I have been thinking about getting a twin loop for awhile (my vibrant set up gives alot of highway drone) the hytech is pricey even for just the muffler. Yours is a great price I am thinking about trying it out.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
The OB Ebay link is broken in your first post

Race specialty mufflers 6" x 12" with 2.5" in/out will work with minimal restrictions
MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - Race Muffler Parts

Probably good for 3-5 Db off of what you already have. Built for high temp high HP situations too so they should last long.

For more Dbs 4-6 I'd say
Moroso : Category Display

Not the best thing out there but if you have a 3" exhaust and are tired of it being too loud, a spiral flow muffler might be a good addition but will probably bump your power potential down to like a 2.5" exhaust b/c there will be some restriction but it says it's good for up to 850cfm on the 3.5" muffler. I suggest placing pretty far up the line b/c you will have less of a pressure drop at higher exhaust velocity areas (it's a % correlation b/c exhaust gas velocity decreases the further away from the header you get)

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I want to delete my resonator from my cat back to my stock muffler. I like the way the stock muffler id tuned. I don't want to change that. My question here is, will removing the resonator make it a little louder if I just replaced those sections with straight pipping will it make the note any louder? On my integra I did the same thing and if I feather the gas pedal I would get nice little back fires. Will it do that same on the Si? I'm not looking for any gains just curious how the over al sound wil be. Bash if you want, I don' car I'm looking for hep from people who are actual car people who can off some constructive help for me. Thanks. So my plan is?
stock headers and cat straight pipe back to stock muffler

·
Premium Member
11,488 Posts
I have something to the same dimensions of the bottle. I dont see why the ultra-quiet resonator would not fit. it's not much bigger.

Bottle type resonator:
Inlet Diameter: 2.25"
Outlet Diameter: 2.25"
Resonator Size: 3.5" Round Body, 9.5" Long
Overall Length: 12"

Vibrant Ultra-quiet axle type resonator:
Inlet Diameter: 2.25"
Outlet Diameter: 2.25"
Resonator Size: 4.5" x 6.75" Oval Body, 10" Long
Overall Length: 14"

·
Registered
18,666 Posts
hmm i kept thinking the resonator was 6.75 inches wide.

do you think it'll be worth the extra money? or should I just stick with a bottle type resonator?

21 - 40 of 68 Posts