521 - 540 of 554 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
First time for everything...

Freshly washed, clayed and waxed last night. Never clayed or waxed anything before. I could hardly believe what the clay does - it is amazing. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread which enabled me to learn how to do all this properly (especially the original poster). Now for the engine bay, rims, tires and interior...

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Beautiful. I'm waiting for energy and cooler temps to give mine a decent wash, clay and wax. My car is outdoors 24/7 (no garage) and many months in intense sunlight.

Anyone have any ideas on how to protect the black roof trim strips? Or have any DIY replacement suggestions that are financially feasible? Mine are coming loose in some areas. There's a little rubber weathered "thread" that's coming out from underneath the strip.

I love my car and have had it for almost 2 years and I've watched it deteriorate from being outdoors constantly. :( I just cannot care for it like I'd like to (due to health and economic reasons).

Thank you and blessings all. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Beautiful. I'm waiting for energy and cooler temps to give mine a decent wash, clay and wax. My car is outdoors 24/7 (no garage) and many months in intense sunlight.

Anyone have any ideas on how to protect the black roof trim strips? Or have any DIY replacement suggestions that are financially feasible? Mine are coming loose in some areas. There's a little rubber weathered "thread" that's coming out from underneath the strip.

I love my car and have had it for almost 2 years and I've watched it deteriorate from being outdoors constantly. :( I just cannot care for it like I'd like to (due to health and economic reasons).

Thank you and blessings all. :)
Use back to black product from mothers if u don't find this product I'm sure you will find something similar. I'm a professional detailer and I use this to bring the shiny brand new black back to any vinyl, plastic, rubber pieces. Good luck

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
35 Posts
It's been so cold lately that I've neglected washing my car for a few weeks, it bothers me but I just can't find the motivation when it's freezing outside.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Quick question for you guys...

I detailed my Si for the first time (picked it up a few weeks ago) two days ago. I used the same products I used on my LX (mainly the Zaino system). I applied the Zaino sealant just like usual and everything looked great, however when I saw the car under the street lamps that night I noticed that there was a lot of streaking on several different panels, presumably from excess sealant. Everything looked perfect in the sunshine. I let it dry long enough and was really applying elbow grease to work the residue out so I'm not sure why this occurred...

What's the best way to remove this streaking without stripping the protection I just put on?

521 - 540 of 554 Posts