8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

261 - 280 of 285 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
angled is better for skunk2 header but when you buy the header it should already come with it unlike strup. i had both and skunk2 is the best or my opinion so far. good choice

·
Registered
14 Posts
BlackWorks

I just ordered my Blackworks headers last week waiting for it to come in this week i was wondering should i still use the defouler so i dont get a CEL?? this is the first header im doing so im kinda new at this thanks..

·
Registered
301 Posts
does anyone have a picture of the vibrant defouler on a vibrant header? I'm waiting to put it on I don't know what the best setup is, as far as angled going towards the back of the car or forwards.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just had a shop install a defouler on my Vibrant RH w/HFC. They had told me that they would try a straight defouler, and if it didn't fit, they would weld an angled one. They just called me to tell me that job was done and that they didn't need to weld an angled one.

I've read this thread countless times and I seem to understand that with the Vibrant RH, the only defouler that would fit is an angled one. How did they get a straight defouler in there? What sort of sounds should I be listening for when I pick it up to see if they cut corners and just shoved a straight defouler in there without ensuring proper fitment?

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
so i just got my CEL after about 7k miles on my dcrh + diy defouler for 10 bucks.

Its a p0420 aka cat related.

I just plan on riding it with the code since it isnt nothing major, anyone else ?

261 - 280 of 285 Posts