8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
83k on a 06 SI i replaced the brakes at 80k other then that Ive replaced nothing.

·
Registered
424 Posts
it's funny how a thread about most miles on an '08 turns into people chiming in with their mileage. I don't think we need to know you have 28K...or 60K, or even 80K. I think if you have more miles than the OP, then you can talk.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I currently have 103k on my 2008 Honda Civic EX. I change oil within 200 miles of the oil change alert, every time (New filter every time. Do it/duh.)

Headlamps, turn signals and one brake light have been replaced. Front brake pads have been done 3 times and rotors once.

The only real problem Ive ever experienced with it (somewhere around 40k) was once I suddenly saw the heat shoot up all the way and felt the power die utterly. I pulled over as soon as I noticed it, popped the hood and realized I had maybe a teaspoon of antifreeze left.

This turned out to be a hole that something had stabbed in the radiator somewhere near the bottom, not an actual technical failure. (I drive... ambitiously in many types of terrain.) We were able to do the repair in my driveway, flushed and refilled and its been cool as The Stig ever since.

They say Dogs are mans best friend. Nope, its my Civic.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I thought mine was crazy high since I just hit 140,000 miles on my 07 Civic Si Sedan.....but it appears I am beaten!

I have had zero problems with mine...just basic maintainance.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Holy ****.

I'm at 56k, and I've only needed to replace the brake pads, idler and tensioner pulleys, nothing else other than basic maintenance (coolant, trans fluid, oil, etc.). Reliable and fun, whoda thunk it.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts