8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just kinda wondering, is 189,898 miles on a 2008 Honda Civic Si too much?

Since I bought my car at 5 miles, I've been using it as my courier / delivery car.

Every time I take it in for an oil change in various places, and I tell them my miles, they always look at me like I'm making up numbers, and they look again on my odometer and go "DAAAYYUUMMMM!!! What did or do you do???"

Anyone else by any chance have more miles than me?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm working on it. Already up to 33,894. Seriously, what maintenance procedures have you done above and beyond normal? Type of oil, filter, frequency of change, transmission fluid type( such as Amsoil trans fluid)? Type of tires and mileage obtained? Change brake fluid? How much longer do you plan to keep the car? Discovered any weaknesses of the car?

·
Registered
954 Posts
takes me about 3 times longer to get to that amt of miles. sounds like you spend a lot of time in the ride .... how are the components holding up?

·
Registered
60 Posts
That's awesome!

Take the picture at 200k. I am also curious as to what costs outside of maintenance have been done.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Im just half your mileage with 90k miles in my 06 ex sedan. No major problems yet just the regular wear and tear parts like tires, brake pads.. and a/t tranny no problems yet, suspension is still fine but im gonna change it anyway with hfp. Any tips maybe or things to expect before reaching your mileage...

·
Registered
16 Posts
In a word, YES! Not that's there's anything wrong with that. If it keeps running, that's fantastic! Keep in mind the average mileage, the average person puts on their car is usually about 10,000-15,000 per year. Do the math, you're WAY over the average, which would hurt you if you try and sell or trade it in.

If the car still feels and runs great, keep enjoying it!:vtec:

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
I got 103k on my 07 Si coupe. I delivered pizza in it for a few years.

Coming up on an accessory belt change, valve adjustment, coolant change, etc etc. Nothing but oil changes and regular wear items thus far.

OP congrats on the mileage.

·
Registered
531 Posts

Since I bought my car at 5 miles, I've been using it as my courier / delivery car.
189,900 miles for a 20008?? That's weak. With those miles why even bother with a car? You may as well walk. I know Grandmothers with more miles in their 08 FG2's.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts