8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so today i went out to my car to leave for class, and I noticed its very hard to get into reverse like something was blocking it. Sure enough I had my roomate sit in the car and try to put it in reverse and the TB coolant hose i believe (or the one that runs to the CAI cant remember now) was in the way. the TBS and gaskets pushed it back far enough to where it was hindering 6thgear and reverse. What to do. Also my intake manifold is still scorching hot even with the TBS and gaskets is this normal? do I need to do the TB coolant bypass?!?!

thanks,
J

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
sweet ive got 2ft of 3/16 fuel hose will that do it?!?!
Nope 3/16 wont cut it. Use 5/16 fuel hose. Same size as the hoses you will be removing. Make sure you have a few spare 5/16 vacuum caps because you will need to temporarily plug up the origin of the re route otherwise you will lose 2 gallons of coolant like i did and make a big mess. Takes like 20 minutes and you dont have to take your air intake out like the DIY says. Itd be easier but not necessary. I dont have the gaskets, but with the coolant not circulating I can run my car hard for 1/2 an hour and my throttle body is luke warm at most. Manifold is significantly cooler as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.