Fogs
Autodim Mirror
Door Edge Guards

2008 Honda Civic Sdn 4dr Man Si Mugen - $30,135.00

:xyxnervou:xyxnervou:xyxnervou:xyxnervou:xyxnervou

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
ibanez37, what dealership is that, so I know to avoid it. When I was car shopping I knew I just wanted a FBP FG2 and so I used that to screen dealerships. I called all but the 2 in the very far east valley (one in Chandler and the other in east Mesa) and I can't tell you how many of them wanted to sell me one with about 2.5k tacked on. I mean, come on! This was September 07, not like November 05 when these were brand spanking new.

I know I did not get the best deal ever but man I feel bad for all the people who don't shop around and check out sites like 8thcivic and Edmunds.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ibanez37, what dealership is that, so I know to avoid it. When I was car shopping I knew I just wanted a FBP FG2 and so I used that to screen dealerships. I called all but the 2 in the very far east valley (one in Chandler and the other in east Mesa) and I can't tell you how many of them wanted to sell me one with about 2.5k tacked on. I mean, come on! This was September 07, not like November 05 when these were brand spanking new.

I know I did not get the best deal ever but man I feel bad for all the people who don't shop around and check out sites like 8thcivic and Edmunds.
That's over at Tempe.. Showcase and them tried to get me in a FBP coupe w/ navi for right around 28,500 OTD.. They wouldn't budge. I ended up getting it at Bell for about 25,200 OTD. Not too great a deal, but only was I was going to get an FG2 at a reasonable price in FBP.

What did you grab yours for?

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Yeah I went to showcase and was there for a total of about 5 minutes. The guy told me he had a few on the lot and when I asked him where they were he was like, well come on in and we will talk about it. I told him I just wanted to look at the prices and then I asked him if they were selling with a market adjustment. Salesman told me they were going for around 25k so I thanked him and walked away.

I got mine at Arrowhead on 10-10-07. I had bought a 07 there 5 months earlier (vehicle was totaled) so I went there asking if they could deal seeing how I was a repeat customer. I had to wait about 6 weeks for it to be delivered but I didn't care.

I paid 21,190 for a base coupe. I know there are better deals out there across the country but Phoenix seems most of the dealerships have inflated prices. The salesman actually came out with the old chestnut "we shouldn't even be selling it this cheap". Don't get me wrong, he (Dustin) was a great salesman and he actually knew about cars and performance, but I was disappointed when he said that. Cheapest other Si I have seen in Phoenix was a 07 RR FG2 going for 21,500 with a some add ons such as summer tires and a bunch of stuff I didn't want (mud gards, wheel locks, weak tint). They had the car stickered for 25,XXX but they wanted to sell it. I thought about it for a few days but I really wanted FBP and I just ended up waiting.

Why is the Phoenix market so inflated? I have seen so many posts of members across the country buying Si's at or slightly below invoice. Not one of these members live in Phoenix or Tucson. Even CA prices seem slightly better and the cost of living there is generally greater.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Hey SIcBoy, I haven't been to any shows since that one over on west Roosevelt. Done anything with your TW fg2?
nope hella broke..
after i get back form my vacation in march i most likely will.
gonna paint my rims this weekend i think but well see what happens..
sorry for the thread jack

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I went to showcase and was there for a total of about 5 minutes. The guy told me he had a few on the lot and when I asked him where they were he was like, well come on in and we will talk about it. I told him I just wanted to look at the prices and then I asked him if they were selling with a market adjustment. Salesman told me they were going for around 25k so I thanked him and walked away.

I got mine at Arrowhead on 10-10-07. I had bought a 07 there 5 months earlier (vehicle was totaled) so I went there asking if they could deal seeing how I was a repeat customer. I had to wait about 6 weeks for it to be delivered but I didn't care.

I paid 21,190 for a base coupe. I know there are better deals out there across the country but Phoenix seems most of the dealerships have inflated prices. The salesman actually came out with the old chestnut "we shouldn't even be selling it this cheap". Don't get me wrong, he (Dustin) was a great salesman and he actually knew about cars and performance, but I was disappointed when he said that. Cheapest other Si I have seen in Phoenix was a 07 RR FG2 going for 21,500 with a some add ons such as summer tires and a bunch of stuff I didn't want (mud gards, wheel locks, weak tint). They had the car stickered for 25,XXX but they wanted to sell it. I thought about it for a few days but I really wanted FBP and I just ended up waiting.

Why is the Phoenix market so inflated? I have seen so many posts of members across the country buying Si's at or slightly below invoice. Not one of these members live in Phoenix or Tucson. Even CA prices seem slightly better and the cost of living there is generally greater.
Damn before or after taxes? 21 OTD is a steal for this market IMO.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
No I wish it was OTD. It was closer to 23.5 OTD. I was quoting the sticker price. My salesman told me they sell at MSRP but "somehow" they usually self base models for around 22,200. Hot horrible for the market but again it seems much more then other parts of the country.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No I wish it was OTD. It was closer to 23.5 OTD. I was quoting the sticker price. My salesman told me they sell at MSRP but "somehow" they usually self base models for around 22,200. Hot horrible for the market but again it seems much more then other parts of the country.
Horrible enough for me lol. We need to find these fools paying premiums for the Si's that screwed us over. :lildevil:

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
2008 Honda Civic Cpe 2dr Man Si w/Nav - $29,210.00
Options:
HFP Kit
Fogs
Autodim Mirror
Door Edge Guards

2008 Honda Civic Sdn 4dr Man Si Mugen - $30,135.00

:xyxnervou:xyxnervou:xyxnervou:xyxnervou:xyxnervou

wait...the same dealership has the Mugen Civic for $30,135???? Or are you just giving it's msrp?

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Same dealer.. those are both the MSRP. In reality, I think they have a $5K markup on top of the MSRP on the Mugen.
Oh ok that makes sense then. I thought there wasn't a markup on the Mugen, and that wasn't making sense. Those are crazy prices though man......damn. 35k for the Mugen ftl, but i think someone on here would still consider that a good deal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Call the internet dept at Earnhardt Honda and work a deal with them! I'm in Vegas and called every dealership within 300 miles of me and Earnhardt was the best by far. I made my deal, put down a deposit and drove to PHX to pick up the car... as soon as I walked in the dealership they had all the papers done and it was my best car buying experience so far. I got my FG2 for $21,700 with summer tires & mud guards. I know there are better deals to be had, but they found the color I wanted (habi red) and shipped it in from another dealership... plus they gave me the better trade in value than any of the other dealerships.

All of the Vegas dealers have a $2K markup over MSRP and they don't want to budge at all.

Good luck!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts