8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here ever had or known anyone who has had any moonroof issues with their 8th Civic? I know (personally) of 3 people with 06-07 EX's that have had a problem with some kind of mechanism that was faulty and didn't allow the moonroof to open or close, which can cause leaking if it is stuck open or tilted. Just curious, thanks.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Mine doesn't but then again i rarely if ever even open it up. I also want to know if anyone has problems with their sun/moonroof. I hope there wont be another recall. But don't you have an LX? how do you have a sunroof?!

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine doesn't but then again i rarely if ever even open it up. I also want to know if anyone has problems with their sun/moonroof. I hope there wont be another recall. But don't you have an LX? how do you have a sunroof?!
I don't have one, i was just curious if EX/Si owners had any issues with theirs.

·
myspace.com/assistant_ar
5,306 Posts
nope no moonroof problem with my 07 si (fg2) except its a lil bit noisy when you open it or close it. which i could care the less, no leak or anything, i love my moonroof :thumb:

·
Registered
110 Posts
My cover shade was ripping in the passenger front corner when opening and closing and the seal around the glass fit like it was too large(all bubbled up in some areas) but the dealership was quick to fix both of my concerns.

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
I've heard whistling in mine a handful of times but not in a while, so no problems with mine really. I guess the only problem I've had is I was too retarded to figure out the moonroof tilts up by pressing the button within 3 months of ownership :(

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
The only issue I've had with my moonroof was a horrific rattle that appeared at about 13,000 miles on the odometer that was fixed.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
I opened mine earlier and i saw dirt on the tracks!! ill have to clean it up soon since i rarely use it. I do like moon roofs/sunroofs though don't get me wrong.

·
myspace.com/assistant_ar
5,306 Posts
I've heard whistling in mine a handful of times but not in a while, so no problems with mine really. I guess the only problem I've had is I was too retarded to figure out the moonroof tilts up by pressing the button within 3 months of ownership :(

:rotfl: your salesdude didnt told about the features of your car lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
My moon roof is working. Buttons/controls are fine but the rubber around the glass itself is "off" and we had to pry it back on but if you open it, the rubber just comes off again. Pretty annoying.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine stopped working less than 5k miles in. I have a 07 EX and have yet to fix it...... it tilts up and down, but won't slide backwards to open fully.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Mine sometimes won't close when it's been tilted. I don't often use mine and when I do I usually just tilt it. After a few times of it going up and down it will close.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts