8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just ordered a monster knob and wondering if anyone has one with a short shifter adaptor. People say the monster knobs sit a little lower than most knobs so I was wondering if the low fit affected the short shifter adaptor at all.

Also if people could let me know how they like their monster knob and/or short shifter.

Thanks for the help.

· Registered
380 Posts
Sure Do!!

I have the flat black monster knob and a TWM Shortshift kit with base and cable bushings. I have had it installed for almost 2 years now and I like it. No more burning a shift pattern into your palms in the summer anymore. Its been quite a while since i have used a stock knob, but I would say I do like the setup overall. I have been itching for a new knob lately just for something "new"
Monster Knob vs Stock on top of my beautiful garbage can...

Side

In Hand

I guess I could answer your question. No the "lower sitting" knob does NOT adversely affect your shifting capabilities.

· Registered
6,449 Posts
yeah not liking that extra gap there. if you can screw it further i recommend doing it.

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the input... looks like a made a good choice going with the monster knob... now i gotta get a twm short shifter

yea i live in the south and in the summer the stock knob is like lava... i cant wait to see the difference in the monster knob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.