8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of getting an SI (4dr) and was wondering if you could put monitors for the back passengers. I have two kids and want to have the video system for long trips.

·
Registered
6,705 Posts
You should see about a roof mounted monitor that can be installed behind the Sunroof. Popular in SUV's. Couple that with a splitter for DIN headphone connector and you don't have to listen to what they are watching, you could even install an aftermarket screen in the Dash and just have them look at that. It's easily viewable from the backseat.

·
Registered
319 Posts
yeah im not sure if the headrest are capable of housing a moniter. plus putting it behind the moonroof might too close to the back seat...how about a portable dvd player. save some money!!

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
.how about a portable dvd player. save some money!!
x2.

The time and money you'll go through to do put monitors in will be severely wasted on resale value.

While a novel idea, I just plain wouldn't bother with doing any "permanent" video mounting in your car.

I've got an 8" portable I don't use. PM me if you might be intersted... I have tons of pics and all the travel accessories, too.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'd see about getting some headrests from a non-Si Civic. Then putting some monitors in those.

Otherwise there is money to be saved with those portable players with straps for the seat.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
i dont recommend the kind that mounts to the roof. i mean, behind the sunroof there isnt much room. so the viewing angle will be kinda awkward imo. i think headrest monitors will be the way to go. heck, they even have the kind that straps on the headrest so you can put them on and take them off as you please. good luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.