8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So this weekend, my mom was hell bent on buying a Porsche - so she took me along to haggle with the dealer. The car she had her on eye was a 2006 Carerra (non-S) with the 19" S rims (chromed out), with Navi (had to haggle him with the price), and stability control (forgot what it's called but it's standard on the S). The car had a little over 16k miles after being leased with one owner. Also, because it was used - the Porsche dealer have a 6yr/100k warranty. On kbb.com the base S without options w/ 16k miles came out to $72.5k. We got the car for $75k - do you think that's a decent deal considering the options we have?

I'll try to post pics later. BTW, it's dark metallic blue w/ beige interior - looks pretty clean with the chrome rims (i hate chrome rims but for some reason they look really nice on them).

****EDITED W/ PICS*****

Sorry but this is w/ my camera phone - it doesn't do the car justice. I'll take better pics this weekend. This is when she was going to drive it off the lot. BTW she came out all slow and somebody nearly rear-ended her!! She never was a good driver so we'll see how long this car goes untouched...



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,717 Posts
is your Mom hot too?
 

·
Hidy Ho Neighbor
Joined
·
29,707 Posts
nastynogales said:
So this weekend, my mom was hell bent on buying a Porsche - so she took me along to haggle with the dealer. The car she had her on eye was a 2006 Carerra (non-S) with the 19" S rims (chromed out), with Navi (had to haggle him with the price), and stability control (forgot what it's called but it's standard on the S). The car had a little over 16k miles after being leased with one owner. Also, because it was used - the Porsche dealer have a 6yr/100k warranty. On kbb.com the base S without options w/ 16k miles came out to $72.5k. We got the car for $75k - do you think that's a decent deal considering the options we have?

I'll try to post pics later. BTW, it's dark metallic blue w/ beige interior - looks pretty clean with the chrome rims (i hate chrome rims but for some reason they look really nice on them).
:pat: gimme a break. lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,059 Posts
is it PASM? beucase im pretty sure that PSM is standard on the vanilla Carrera. and the car new msrps at like 73k. kbb is off their rocker if they think a base with 16k miles is 72.5
 

·
All Liver GSP's!
Joined
·
3,619 Posts
um.....lets go about this another way. Is she happy with the car? If so, great! Lets not focus on the deal!! Its definetly a plus that the car is Porsche Certified.

Sales Manager, Rockville Porsche.
 

·
All Liver GSP's!
Joined
·
3,619 Posts
Not to be "that guy" but here is something to compare with. Carrera S, 3,000 fewer miles, nav, another 6K in BBS wheels and tires, Sport Chrono package....couple more options.

http://www.rockvilleporsche.com/used-cars.aspx?InventoryId=21768670

Advertised for $75K, without haggling. Not saying you did not get a "good deal" that is not a dollar figure, its a state of mind. I would say your dealer overpaid for the car off lease, or just straight up overpriced the car.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,200 Posts
e60.deluxe said:
is it PASM? beucase im pretty sure that PSM is standard on the vanilla Carrera. and the car new msrps at like 73k. kbb is off their rocker if they think a base with 16k miles is 72.5
:yeahthat:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,200 Posts
07BlakBlak said:
Not to be "that guy" but here is something to compare with. Carrera S, 3,000 fewer miles, nav, another 6K in BBS wheels and tires, Sport Chrono package....couple more options.

http://www.rockvilleporsche.com/used-cars.aspx?InventoryId=21768670

Advertised for $75K, without haggling. Not saying you did not get a "good deal" that is not a dollar figure, its a state of mind. I would say your dealer overpaid for the car off lease, or just straight up overpriced the car.
that car is on the other side of the nation.. its most likely been driven in winter on the salty roads where this porsche was in california. :thumb:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,580 Posts
So is "MOM DUKES" like the cousin of Dazie Dukes? I guess thats just the cool way to say mom these days....I must be growin up.... IM not hip. lol
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,722 Posts
now thats my kind of mom. good taste in cars. i will have one someday.
 

·
All Liver GSP's!
Joined
·
3,619 Posts
Snake-eyes said:
that car is on the other side of the nation.. its most likely been driven in winter on the salty roads where this porsche was in california. :thumb:
LOL, Ok. Think you could go in and offer them $75,000 right now for this? With 2 days left in the month....

Sonnen Porsche
900 Redwood Highway Mill Valley, CA

2007 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 Coupe 2D $78,900*
Engine: 6-Cyl. 3.6 Liter
Trans.: 6 Speed Manual
Color: meteor grey
Mileage: 2,163
VIN: WP0AA29967S710632
Stock #: B10833


Im done with this, I do this for a living. I know. I am sure your mom loves the car. That is the important part and I am sure she can afford it even if she did over pay by a few bucks. Who cares. I have seen alot of people on this forum get done wayyyy dirtier for a 20K car. She is in love with the car I am sure and she will be able to drive around in that thing for years with no worry with the Porsche Certification. Congrats!! One hell of a car!! :dancing:

F it, ill go + rep for the sexiest car on the forum maybe?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,995 Posts
...
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=230726866&dealer_id=56571656&car_year=2006&model=911&num_records=25&systime=1193708447062&make2=&start_year=2006&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=50&marketZipError=false&search_lang=&make=POR&color=&page_location=findacar::ispsearchform&min_price=1&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=90003&advanced=&end_year=2008&doors=&transmission=&max_price=75000&cardist=37
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=226361916&dealer_id=342842&car_year=2006&model=911&num_records=25&systime=1193708447062&make2=&start_year=2006&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=50&marketZipError=false&search_lang=&make=POR&color=&page_location=findacar::ispsearchform&min_price=1&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=90003&advanced=&end_year=2008&doors=&transmission=&max_price=75000&cardist=16
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=229488372&dealer_id=74552&car_year=2006&model=911&num_records=25&systime=1193708447062&make2=&start_year=2006&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=50&marketZipError=false&search_lang=&make=POR&color=&page_location=findacar::ispsearchform&min_price=1&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=90003&advanced=&end_year=2008&doors=&transmission=&max_price=75000&cardist=12
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,717 Posts
07BlakBlak said:
How about if it was an Enzo with 1500 miles?
Do you even have to ask? Of course He would..:chill:
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top