8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just patting my self on the back...i had 1200 bucks and had to stretch it. i'v had the car 3 months now. wanted big hp gains but also everything else.((dimonds for wife)) so it has to wait till spring. (hopefull/comptech st2)... so heres what i picked up... some leds for the plate, luminetics yellow high beams, 6500k hid's, oem fog lights, prokit, p2r thro spacer w/gaskets, corsport full shift kit, CTR shift knob, sir/cal ((from SPORT INJECTED SUPER MODS. com)) matching dead pedal , throttle by-pass, and some mugen res covers...i'm happy........................... till after x-mas.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Nice dude. The only thing I would have done differently is went with Xfactor's instead of the sism one with the P2R spacer. You'll prolly see much better gains from X's intake alone than the P2R with the SISM...just a thought.

·
Registered
302 Posts
KameraBoy said:
damn you sure did get alot for the money as compared to the header, intake, and reflash that si civic stated.
That's certainly a matter of perspective. Not to be critical, but the OP said he wanted big gains, but most of the stuff he did amounts to cosmetic stuff. What Si_civic suggested would probably give him 40hp, but I can understand his anxiety about the header.

Again, 4door, don't take this as harsh criticism, I'm doing the cosmetic stuff to my car first, too. But the way I see it is this:

$100 was spent here on a CTR Shift knob if it was an authentic one, another $100 on shift bushings and cable, $30 on high beam bulbs, over $200 on an HID kit, about $250 for the foglights, a metal dead pedal for $40, and orange socks for is reservoirs which cost $40 for two, shipped.

That's $760 on stuff that doesn't affect performance at all (not to mention the $210 lowering kit, but that's a personal taste matter). Now the car probably looks badass, and if that's what you'res after, cool. Mission accomplished.

If I had $1200 and an Si, I'd do this:

X's Mod: Figure about $200
P2R IM Spacer: $35
TB Spacer+gaskets: ~$125
NST Pulley set: $325 installed
Hondata Reflash: $600

At $1285, I'd have a car with, what, 25hp more? Not to mention better throttle response, and smoother idle than with SRI/CAI.

Now, since you said you will do more mods in the future, I'd suggest you go with the pulleys, the IM gasket, and the reflash. Don't go for exhaust, the gains are debatable, and the sound combined with your lights and lowering might make your car seem like **** (grain that goes good with beans). I think that'll give you decent gains with little or no legal worries.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
dcrh is a dc sports race header.
p2r is a brand that makes gaskets and spacers for your intake and throttle body

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
For motor mods I would go
1. TB spacer+ gaskets =$110
2. DCRH= $360
3. Exhaust =$500

Total = $970

Then with the rest I would buy a rear camber kit, 2 pairs of front camber bolts, and a alignment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts