8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i did some testing today , i took out the air filter resonator and went to autozone to buy some adjustable plastic pipe, 1st run i used my fujita filter as a cai of course i took out the oem filter at the airbox, used the adjustable pipe and put it at the left side (inside)of the bumper, the results is way better than my short ram fujita ,2nd run i used a k & n drop in filter and still using the adjustable plastic pipe still at the leftside bumper , it ran better than the first run , low end mid and top and is awesome , i know u might think i'm just exaggerating but i will go back to the dyno for more results

here's were u connect the intake if u want to go cold air, ofcourse u need to take out the drop in filter out of the airbox

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yourwhiteshadow said:
uhh modified stock airbox to imitate cai?
not immitating a cai just doing some test to improve my car , cai is nice but the material is still metal it still get's hot , but i was immitating a mugen icebox..

·
Registered
356 Posts
Haha, i love that we all thought the same thing. So you put the filter on the end of the tube that your attached to the stock air box...i get it now.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
legendman said:
That actually does sound like a decent idea......please get a dyno soon!

this is my dyno with the stock filter , but like they say it's not really the dyno ,, i felt the diff with this one , i tried my short ram , cai, and this modified box im going next friday to the dyno,,, and i got this crazy idea of putting icepacks, the ones that's gel like frozen ones to make it a real icebox when @ the track inside the box, since the end is open i hope the water moisture drips down , with the airbox i think it wont really sucks water but im affraid to try...

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
The idea sounds like a good one. I am having trouble visualizing how you got the filter connected. The basic Si configuration is not too bad. It just needs to be opened up a bit and the filter itself needs to be larger to allow more air in. You may have hit on the ultimate solution for our cars. If you could possibly get a pick of the filter itself connected, that would be great.

·
Banned
18,265 Posts
i have like 4 of those ice pack thingyz if i was going to the track i would try this in a heartbeat...hahaha... cold air FTW... or i could just go to my friends shop and dyno to see if there's any difference...

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
NitrousG35 said:
The idea sounds like a good one. I am having trouble visualizing how you got the filter connected. The basic Si configuration is not too bad. It just needs to be opened up a bit and the filter itself needs to be larger to allow more air in. You may have hit on the ultimate solution for our cars. If you could possibly get a pick of the filter itself connected, that would be great.
me 2..need more pics etc

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is it possible to leave it like the 4th or 5th pic? I mean, wouldnt it be much better than the stock set up with the resonator? Would air be colder around that area? Or maybe get a longer piping and route it to the front near the foglights?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts