8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering.. If I bought a greddy evott exhaust for the dc5.. can i go to a shop and have the modify it to fit my FG2?

·
Banned
8,394 Posts
you can
what would end up happening would be the shop would cut off the muffler, the resonator and all the end caps. They would then fab up some pipes and then put everything back together.

In the end it would just be cheaper to go to the shop and order the muffler that you want and have them whip up everything.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you can
what would end up happening would be the shop would cut off the muffler, the resonator and all the end caps. They would then fab up some pipes and then put everything back together.

In the end it would just be cheaper to go to the shop and order the muffler that you want and have them whip up everything.
as in getting custom piping u mean?

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
The Greddy EVO TT is a 70mm exhuast & so is the Skunk2 Megapower R exhaust. Save yourself the headaches & just get the 70mm Skunk2.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Greddy EVO TT is a 70mm exhuast & so is the Skunk2 Megapower R exhaust. Save yourself the headaches & just get the 70mm Skunk2.
yea i knw but Ive heard the skunk2 in person b4 and its not as deep as i would like it to be.. kinda raspy, if not I wouldve traded

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
That explains why it was raspy. Let me put the flamesuit on now. I've heard that the DCRH makes some catbacks become raspy.

I'm looking to get the 70mm Skunk2 myself for my FA5 & they just released it for the FA5 so I don't have to get it modded.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That explains why it was raspy. Let me put the flamesuit on now. I've heard that the DCRH makes some catbacks become raspy.

I'm looking to get the 70mm Skunk2 myself for my FA5 & they just released it for the FA5 so I don't have to get it modded.
that could be one of the reasons.. but idk if i would spend the extra money to get the bcrh cuz the dc makes more top end

·
Banned
8,394 Posts
yea i knw but Ive heard the skunk2 in person b4 and its not as deep as i would like it to be.. kinda raspy, if not I wouldve traded
If you really wanted to, you could just buy it, take it to an exhaust shop and get them to put in another resonator.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
what ever you do make sure the shop you take it to does NOT use crush bending to make your exhaust. defeats the whole point of getting one. your gains will be next to nothing.

mandral or nothing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts