8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about this? True or not?

Honda Prototype Hybrid Review

HouRman said:
Yesterday I took a survey for a new Honda vehicle prototype. I could not find any pics of the prototype and they didn't allow any cameras or cell phones into the site. However I think I can explain it pretty well.

Honda is basically going to try and steal the market away from the Toyota Prius so they are in development of a Hybrid that LOOKS like a hybrid. They called it the Model "C". It wasn't a complete car, they had an interior model inside a wooden box frame, then they had the exterior model which lacked an interior.

What they've done is taken a new Honda civic sedan and made the front stylized into this gorgeous futuristic stream lined "updated" version. Then the rear end gets replaced with what appeared to be a hatch VERY similar to the rear end of a Toyota Prius. Thus, the flow of the car from front to back didn't work all that well for me. The car says "Hybrid" from the rear, and says 2011 civic from the front. The car was a lot more lower profile and sleek than the 07 prius looking at them side by side. I'd compare the size of the model "C" to the size of a civic sedan though I think it's a tad smaller. The model "C" is longer and wider than a Honda fit, but not as tall as the fit.

The Model "C" supposedly has 100hp, with like a 1.3L Hybrid drive engine with estimated 44/55 mpg. The MSRP is $18,000 which is $1,000 less than the MSRP of its competitor's Prius Model.

What was absolutely stunning about the Model "C" was the interior dash/gauge design which looked like a current model civic SI, only re-designed to look delightfully more modern. The digital speedometer looked like holograms floating in space and the overall appearance looked like something from a futuristic space craft. The only thing I didn't like was that the radio was placed closer to the passenger side and the cup holders looked generic. The Prius by far had the coolest center console and cup holders, heh.

Anyways the survey required everyone to use this touch screen lap top like computers and stylus which was cool. The whole thing took 1.5 hours long, and at the end everyone got free soda, drinks, and a check for $150. (It was fun though)

After observing the parking lot, I concluded that everyone reviewing the car looked like they drove Honda or Toyota cars . I didn't see ONE other mazda. In the lot I saw all 06 or newer prius, civics, fits, and scions. Now that I think of it, I don't think I saw any mid or full size sedans.

Anyways, I just thought I'd share what Honda's plans are, and If anyone can find a picture of this new Honda Hybrid please post it though I don't think there are even spy shots out there because the prototype wasn't even built.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
Good find.:popcorn:

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
All I see are:redxdance:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I read in I think Motor Trend that Honda is considering a small hatchback vehicle, similar to the CRX, which they will probably name the CRZ. It said that if released we should expect a few different engines, including a hybrid model.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts