8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

So, since I have a little pocket change, I am starting to think about making some appearance changes to my ride. My only current cause for concern is, my 09 Si has about 125k miles on it. I don't want to go too crazy but I have been considering...

Lowering springs
New Wheels
HID's
New paint, wrap, or dip.
New Sound System.
Uneven length headers and new exhaust.

How would you guys feel about doing this to a car with the high miles?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Well many a time you can kill 2 birds with one stone. Replace bushing and mounts with performance versions, new struts with konis or coils. Just do a compression test on your engine and if there is a dying cylinder work a new bottom end into your build. Any questions ask around. People are here to help!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Since you're going mostly for cosmetics and assuming you're going with headers and exhaust for sound more so than performance I think you should be fine.

If time+money worth spent is your concern, end of the day its a Honda so you'll have a reliable good looking car for a fairly long time LOL

·
Registered
148 Posts
Well many a time you can kill 2 birds with one stone. Replace bushing and mounts with performance versions, new struts with konis or coils. Just do a compression test on your engine and if there is a dying cylinder work a new bottom end into your build. Any questions ask around. People are here to help!
Since you're going mostly for cosmetics and assuming you're going with headers and exhaust for sound more so than performance I think you should be fine.

If time+money worth spent is your concern, end of the day its a Honda so you'll have a reliable good looking car for a fairly long time LOL
:yeahthat:
These guys know what's up. If you're really concerned, check and replace simple things, like wear and tear parts. Might as well while its all taken apart to be modded. It may cost a little more time and effort on top of what you want to do, but you'll have that peace of mind.
But still, its a ******* Honda. No other car out there has been abused in every way possible and still keeps kicking like these things. Anything under 200k for a Honda is still young if you take care of it

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm in the same case. I'm at about 143k with the original clutch and i'm considering going with a stage one exedy. I'm just updating things as they become worn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts