8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Si-Onara
5,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got several mods on my car right now but sometimes i look at it and wish i had never done anything to it at all what all do you think? am i the only one that feels that way?

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
get the reflash and will think otherwise

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
i have basically the same setup as you. the relfash and header did the most.

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
i got several mods on my car right now but sometimes i look at it and wish i had never done anything to it at all what all do you think? am i the only one that feels that way?
Thats why i sold my last car. after dumping 15k into it, i look back and it wasnt worth it.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Stop modding den....

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
modding is fun, but if its not tasteful then you wont be able to enjoy it. people tell me my car is clean as hell but sometimes i look at it and want it to be stock again so i can start all over. but keep it clean ie: no obnoxious wings, body kit, wheels etc.... you know what i mean.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
modding is fun, but if its not tasteful then you wont be able to enjoy it. people tell me my car is clean as hell but sometimes i look at it and want it to be stock again so i can start all over. but keep it clean ie: no obnoxious wings, body kit, wheels etc.... you know what i mean.

·
Si-Onara
5,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i know what you mean i am staying very close to factory specs Like HFP kit and wheels and stuff but sometimes you just have second thoughts just wondering if i was the only one. guess i am not

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
i usually wish i didnt put stuff on my car especially when i start to have problems with it.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
I was doing little mods here and there. But once I started throwing mysterious CEL's I wished I had stayed stock! Here I was with my first new car, a HONDA, and its not running right.

Now that Ive fixed it ive slowed down on motor mods and gonna start the stereo project up again!

·
Si-Onara
5,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was doing little mods here and there. But once I started throwing mysterious CEL's I wished I had stayed stock! Here I was with my first new car, a HONDA, and its not running right.

Now that Ive fixed it ive slowed down on motor mods and gonna start the stereo project up again!
what mods did you have when you started having problems?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Love my mods !!!!!!!!!!

I actually decided on my mods before I purchased a 06 ASM EX Coupe AT used. Having spent thousands of dollars on other cars and modifications, it was time to have a economy minded car with gas prices going through roof with no chance of them ever go down. Also, I still wanted a car that did not look like a economy car.IMO...The 8th gen Honda Civic coupe fit the bill.I finally found one with 8,000 miles and about a year old. I budgeted $20,000 for the completed car which was $17,500 for the car and $2,500 for the mods. As you can tell from my price list with the pictures of my car, I spent about $500 more than my budget and am very pleased with the results. The only thing I'm going to do is go back to the EX front sway bar. http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?p=732165#post732165

·
Registered
198 Posts
I actually bought the car for the sole intent that I did not have to do anything to it to make myself happy. The car already has enough of what I needed without being too flashy. ( I actually think that the HFP kit/wheels are too much - but thats just me. )

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.