8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!
Just to let everyone know....I got my AEM intake today from the gracious webby and it will be indtalled by Honda tommorow afternoon. I figured I'll take it there, rather than break the car myself, and who better to do it than the dealership. I also just had purple scannable LED underglow put on it last week and it really looks good. I was worried about the purple clashing with the ralleye red but it looks awsome. Still to come will be either a high flow magnaflow cat and muffler, or the DC race header....to which I am undecided but open for suggestions. I don't think I could handle the CEL though if I went with the DC header. Also I have a line on a set of Vault Racing 17 inch chrome rims from Calgary Alberta for 1296 CAD. Not too shabby a deal. I'll be getting those next month and plan on wrapping them in federal 40 profile tires. I'm also going to tint the windows as soon as our CANADIAN WINTER pisses off. I love doing the tint myself and have become quite good at it. Any other suggestions would be fantastic. Also waiting for the dash kit to come out, as I have 2 12 inch Alpine type s subs and matching alpine monoblock amp patiently waiting in my basement. Anyways take care all and leave some feedback!!

Cheers,
The Si Canuck

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
glad to hear you got the intake. I'm looking forward to see how honda does on the install. You'll have to take pics of how it turns out and post them up.

I'm kind of currious how the underglow looks as well. Did you put that on?

As far as the cel goes - you can get a sim to get rid of the cel. See this post.
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17384&postcount=6

For like less than 30 dollars from the one place you can get a sim to get rid of the cel if you want the dc race header. Just remember, you'll need to go with the full catback if you're buying that header.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I cant wait to get modding...
Im gonna wait for injen to release a intake for the si
the intakes for the rsx-s made by injen had the most gains...

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
webby said:
glad to hear you got the intake. I'm looking forward to see how honda does on the install. You'll have to take pics of how it turns out and post them up.

I'm kind of currious how the underglow looks as well. Did you put that on?

As far as the cel goes - you can get a sim to get rid of the cel. See this post.
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17384&postcount=6

For like less than 30 dollars from the one place you can get a sim to get rid of the cel if you want the dc race header. Just remember, you'll need to go with the full catback if you're buying that header.
Hey Webby....I got Honda to put the underglow on too. It really does look slick, as the scan patterns are really sweet. I screwed up alot of stuff on the Tiburon doin it myself.....alot of shortcutting and laziness. I know how to do alot of stuff car-wise, but made a promise to myself that if I ever got the Si, I'd do EVERYTHING professionally. So I can't just buy the DC header and hook it to my stock exhaust?! See I might go the other route then....the high flow cat and muffler.....cause both the header, exhaust and duty would be around 1000 CAD. A little too much for what I want to spend on exhaust.....plus not to mention the couple hundred for installing everything!! Oh and hey.....I found a company in Quebec that has already manufactured carbon fiber hoods for the 06's. If you wanna take a look the website is....www.onderground-design.com. Lemme know what you think....they currently have 2 hoods...1 OEM and the other is called the VS2.
Cheers bro!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
i think seibon has great products; however, i couldnt see paying 600+ for and oem hood that is half the size of any other hood on the market lol

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think your paying for the quality honestly. It's like buying stereo equipment right.....mtx versus bose or alpine, or clarion. Know what I mean. I don't care how expensive something is....if it's top shelf quality, it's going to last.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
yeah, seibon had a lot of stuff at the sema show. Seemed like 90% of the cars had seibon stickers/hoods on their cars.

no - the dc race header will not hook direclty up to the stock exhuast. You need to either have it modified to fit from a muffler shop or go with the dc catback.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts