Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an 07 civic Si Sedan with these mods

-K&N typhoon short Ram intake
-DC 4-2-1. 2 piece Ceramic coated header w cat delete
-Tsudo catback 2.75” piping with a Vibrant Street power muffler
-Hondata flash pro

Could i be making more power if i used a different setup?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Replace the K&N short Ram Intake with a Skunk2 or Hybrid Racing CAI, and you’ll make more power. If you had a full race header such as a Skunk2 Alpha, etc. You could a few more ponies, too. But I don’t think that crawling under the car to remove and switch out the header would be worth the time and effort in my opinion.
So, just get a proper CAI and a tune, and you’re golden! Good luck.

·
Registered
58 Posts
You can see a big difference I'd you swap out your intake. I prefer any 3.5 inch intake but if I had to choose I would go with a hybrid racing CAI. Do your research before picking one tho. There are two very good intakes on the market the skunk2 one and then theres the hybrid racing intake. If you plan to use your car a lot in the rain then stay away from hybrid racing intake.

As for exhaust you can always switch it out to skunk2 alpha headers and a full race cat back and will see very better numbers in power than you currently have. Pair all that up with a good tuner and you should have a fun car to drive.

·
Registered
328 Posts
@ReMiXeDg Actually, the Hybrid Racing Intake is good in the wet. It is the only CAI that has a built-in air bypass. The Skunk2 does not have this! It allows air into the engine when the intake's filter becomes wet. This helps to avoid hydro-lock that many people worry about in heavy rain. Hybrid Racing went on to state, “We tested the bypass valve by totally submerging an air filter in a bucket of water and running the motor. Even when totally submerged, the engine idled and rev'd safely without hydro-locking.”

1 - 4 of 4 Posts