8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to purchase from Ebay the fogs and Xenon HID conversion kit. But I'm a complete noob to mechanics and electrics, and i know it doesn't take a rocket scientist to install these things with the DIY's on this forum, but reading through them makes me very uneasy about doing these mods myself. I really dont want to scratch or break something.

Obviously I could take it to some shop and have them install it for some crazy labor charges. But i was hoping maybe someone in the area can help me out? I'd pay for this help granted its not something outrageous, but if anyone is interested or free to help me do some installs, just post here or give me a pm and let me know how much you want to charge.

This would be a 07 FG2, and I'm able to hit any of the cities in and around vancouver, bby, richmond, surrey, or whatever.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
OMG fogs are so easy just get a big saw cause you can't find your dremel and start hacking!

:SHOCKED:

Don't worry it will come out clean.

But if you leave your car out in the cold and let it freeze this happens.

I have never done HIDs but if they are plug n play they look easy.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I have done about 4 cars with fogs, it is easy. Although you would have to come to Abbotsford. I have all the tools, just not a heated garage or garage for that fact.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
But if you leave your car out in the cold and let it freeze this happens.

hey rpm, i fixed that problem by drilling a small hole underneath the fog for the condensation to air out and now i never have any condensation in my fogs now

but hmm i have a dremel tool if u need. but im just uneasy doing the work myself but i can guide u on how to. haha

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the comments and offers, its very much appreciated.

i would like to do both in one go though since for fogs, the bumper needs to come off which would prob help the HID install too. I just dont have the tools needed at home, nor do i have a garage for that matter.

Im willing to come to abbotsford haberanoguy, but do u think u could pull of the HID conversion at the same time? and i guess we could pick a non-rainy day and preferably not that cold since u dont have a garage either. I haven't ordered the parts yet, but im assuming if i do that once i can confirm someone here can help me, they should be in within a week or two.

·
Doraemon!
28,229 Posts
You should definitely install the fogs and HIDs in one go. You'll save time and energy.

I say pick a location with a garage... you'll
need it! Being cold outside with crappy lighting will cause you to make mistakes. In a garage, you can take your time and be patient.

Maybe I should ask my work if it's ok to use the garage in the weekends... there are tons of spaces with ok lighting.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i understand tat a garage would be useful cuz its winter right now, but i dont have any ways of finding a heated garage lol.

maybe i should wait till spring? i really want these mods but dont have the tools or any car experience to be taking apart the bumper and such and messing with the wiring, nor do i want to pay an additional 200$+ for installation at some shop.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
hey rpm, i fixed that problem by drilling a small hole underneath the fog for the condensation to air out and now i never have any condensation in my fogs now

but hmm i have a dremel tool if u need. but im just uneasy doing the work myself but i can guide u on how to. haha
I found my dremel the day after I did my install. :eek:hsnap:

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
pulsar talk habby into doing it at my house you can use my garage and I could watch the HID install :)

The fog install will go much faster as well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol, i had sent him a PM about it already, we'll see what he says =P

where do you live? I'll try to convince him to do it there, otherwise, i'll have to chauffeur him from abbotsford? lol VIP indeed!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
that's closer to abbotsford than richmond at least lol...

after he gets around to my PM, i'll mention this to him to see if he prefers a garage or me going to abbots.

thanks alot for your offer though, appreciate it.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts