8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

5041 - 5060 of 5145 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
My civic has been stored all winter too. No need to drive it at college anyway so I borrow my moms 06 Jeep Grand Cherokee as a winter vehicle when I'm home. What do you guys drive in the winter if it's not your civic?

·
Registered
699 Posts
I don't have a front license plate mounted on the bumper at all in the summer. In the winter I flip the mount and put it in the lower grille. Keeps the rocks from blowing my condenser. Other that that a delrin shifter knob for the cold, rubber floor mats, and remove my stiffy motor mount and rock n roll.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The one winter I drove mine before I began putting parts in it I ran a nice set of winter tires and weather tech floor mats. The mats are a must in the winter IMO

·
Registered
392 Posts
So, for those of us who are driving our Hondas...what special winter prep, if any, did you guys do?
Check your tire tread, or get some winter tires and steelies. Weathertech floor mats are beneficial. Check your wiper blades and make sure you are running low temp windshield fluid. Check all fluids as usual. Service breaks (visual inspection + relubing parts/anti seize on bolts) so sliding parts don't seize up on you.

Hose down under carriage and inspect for rust bubbles/bare metal chips in the spring.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey there MN chat. I recently purchase a 07 fg2 two months ago my 3rd gear tends to pop to neutral when shift to 3rd. I've been ignoring it but now it seems to be bugging me to the point where I gotta fix it. I'm planning to take it to the stealership and ask them to fix it(hopefully it's free :D) But again maybe it's because of the cold climate that is causing my 3rd gear to reacted like this. Let me know what you guys think, and thanks a bunch!

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/mechanical-problems-technical-chat/89638-honda-tsb-08-020-april-12-2008-3rd-gear.html

·
Registered
392 Posts
I remember meeting the kid in the fiji fg2 who had legit retro's, but he didn't do them. Purchased them off the forum I think.

Other than that, I see a few people running the Depot's headlights with horrible ouput.

·
Registered
162 Posts
What's up, looking for OEM parts if anyone wants to sell. Battery tray with plastic piece, stock catalytic converter 07 4dr Si, and stock axle back Si muffler with tip.

5041 - 5060 of 5145 Posts