8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to help cut down on costs, does anyone know if the lower portion of the USDM Mugen wing (the part w/ the brake light) would fit w/ the Mugen replica style wing.

the USDM portion is image 2 HERE

and does anyone know if the replicas fit into the holes for the stock SI spoiler?

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
actually.. the lower part is the stock wing molded into the mugen wing... just do that. cut the ends off and mold it to the mugen wing u have. a little measuring, cutting, bondo, and paint and ur good to go

·
Registered
121 Posts
^^ sounds like a bad idea
I wouldn' mess with cutting and trying to mold the stock wing. It will look fine without it, or you could always buy mine. $$

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
im just saying. if hes on a budget... i mean look at the wing, it is a stock fa5 wing molded into a mugen wing.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
While the lower element of the USDM Mugen wing goes into the same holes that the stock Si wing uses, the Mugen wing is shorter in length. You would have to cut the end pieces of the stock wing, which could get quite messy.

I too had the same thought before I got my Mugen wing. I thought about getting a Type R, which was cheaper and using the lower portion of the Si wing. However, I got a great deal from a fellow member, so I have the USDM Mugen wing instead.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts