8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the threads out there spotting Mugen Si's at their dealerships, I was wondering if any of you guys locally have seen one yet? I talked to my salesman at Luther Hopkins Honda and they said they will be getting two in for sure. I was wondering what Richfield/Bloomington Honda and Walser in Burnsville as well as White Bear Lake Honda are going to get?

Why is it that we who are the chosen frozen always seem to get screwed over when it comes to cars like the Mugen?

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
I detest the Mugen Si.

I haven't heard any of the dealerships mentioning that they'd be getting any in, but then again, I haven't really asked.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ms.07Civic said:
We have 1 sitting out front as of today at Walser Honda - but who knows how long it will be here. (or how many more we may get)
Hey, thanks for telling me that. I may come and check it out. Looks like Walser trumped Luther. Luther claims they are getting two of them.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Ms.07Civic said:
We have 1 sitting out front as of today at Walser Honda - but who knows how long it will be here. (or how many more we may get)
Lori, if you get a chance, could you take some pics? Thanks! Hopefully I can make it over there before it's gone!:xyxnervou

·
Premium Member
101,191 Posts
Yeah, I saw the one at Walser Honda in Burnsville. It's sweet!! :thumb: I'd be nice to have, but I don't think it's worth the coin...unless your a serious baller and have really deep pockets. I was quoted 33,100. I tried to take some pics with my cell...but they didn't come out, sorry. :redface: The shifter knob and body kit are awesome...just sick. The engine bay looked exactly the same though :(

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[QUOTE='06Siguy]Yeah, I saw the one at Walser Honda in Burnsville. It's sweet!! :thumb: I'd be nice to have, but I don't think it's worth the coin...unless your a serious baller and have really deep pockets. I was quoted 33,100. I tried to take some pics with my cell...but they didn't come out, sorry. :redface: The shifter knob and body kit are awesome...just sick. The engine bay looked exactly the same though :([/QUOTE]

Scott, were they selling it or were they going to hold it back for a while to let the price go up? I understand some dealerships will not sell the car immediately in order to bring in more consumer traffic into dealerships and to drive up the price.

·
Registered
728 Posts
[QUOTE='06Siguy]Yeah, I saw the one at Walser Honda in Burnsville. It's sweet!! :thumb: I'd be nice to have, but I don't think it's worth the coin...unless your a serious baller and have really deep pockets. I was quoted 33,100. I tried to take some pics with my cell...but they didn't come out, sorry. :redface: The shifter knob and body kit are awesome...just sick. The engine bay looked exactly the same though :([/QUOTE]

:useless: I will try to take some pics when I go!:biggrin: If it's still there!:iorun:

·
Registered
36 Posts
The only thing I have heard is it is the only one we are getting and rumors are that the price is set at $5000 over MSRP.

Just got to see it myself - they moved it inside so pictures are out the question - WAY too dark in here.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I just went to Burnsville Honda today to check out their Mugen Si. It was on the showroom floor. I personally would not spend the money on this car, but I cannot deny that it is beautiful. Man, I really love the way it looks with the wing, body kit, wheels and exhaust. It is a work of art.

side note: I was only there for about 5 minutes looking at it and about 4 different sales guys each took a turn asking me if I needed any help or wished to buy it. Vultures, all of 'em! :)

·
Premium Member
101,191 Posts
NitrousG35 said:
Scott, were they selling it or were they going to hold it back for a while to let the price go up? I understand some dealerships will not sell the car immediately in order to bring in more consumer traffic into dealerships and to drive up the price.
You can buy it if you got the cash.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ThePiper said:
Waste Of Money!
I am not so sure about that. From what I have gathered, for any of us to mod a car similarly to a Mugen, we would spend a lot more. If the car went for retail, it wouldn't be too bad. A dealer markup of 5-$10,000 is a joke however. I think the Mugen's look hot but there just aren't worth the price of say, an Infiniti G37.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I heard that Hopkins is selling the Mugens with NO dealer markup.

If anyone is really interested, that might be the way to go.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
gah still a waste of money

·
Registered
718 Posts
gah still a waste of money

I think you have made that abundantly clear.

Others don't agree.

If I had the money, I would get one. I agree that they are overpriced, but if you keep it in really good condition, with really low miles, I think the car would be worth alot more someday.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
You are saying that you would buy that car and not put a lot of miles on it? I bought my car to drive it and put miles on it. I know it will depreciate it. I just dont think that if you bought that you would not put miles on it. Not trying to sound like an ass, but i think you would drive it and it would totally defeat the purpose of trying to justify spending an extra 10grand on the car. this is my opinion, i love the car, not the price tag

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think you have made that abundantly clear.

Others don't agree.

If I had the money, I would get one. I agree that they are overpriced, but if you keep it in really good condition, with really low miles, I think the car would be worth alot more someday.

Well said. :yeahthat:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts