8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys and gals, let's try this again. No selling this time :police: so we don't get locked up.

I'll start out...can't wait for HFP :dancing:. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
i got the name of the person who does it for hopkins honda, but she messed mine up. SO now she gets to visit my work and fix it... HAHAHA its cold outside, stupid idiot should have done it right :D

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
I should have done the clear bra when David told me to... I found a chip on my hood... :xyxnervou

·
Registered
415 Posts
Just got my ASM FA5 a few days ago!!! So much fun to drive :). I'm getting the 3M clearbra done on monday for $350 also (i think). Question for everyone since we live in a region with salt on the roads 6 months out of the year, rust protection worth it? I'm going back to the dealership to get some accessories they had to order installed. They are charging $399 for rust protection. I'm leaning toward a no on the rust protection.

·
Premium Member
101,191 Posts
Just got my ASM FA5 a few days ago!!! So much fun to drive :). I'm getting the 3M clearbra done on monday for $350 also (i think). Question for everyone since we live in a region with salt on the roads 6 months out of the year, rust protection worth it? I'm going back to the dealership to get some accessories they had to order installed. They are charging $399 for rust protection. I'm leaning toward a no on the rust protection.
I didn't do it. I feel it's a scam, but whatever. everyone has their opionons. Maybe it does help, if you don't keep your car clean/salt-free.

·
Premium Member
101,191 Posts
P.S.

How long is it going to take 2fast4u2 to come put a disclaimer on the first post? Maybe a couple hours?

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
What's included in the rust protection exactly? Do they just spray your car with something?

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Where you buy your car?

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
I worked for the company that does RB Honda's cars. Rust proofing consists of taking a spray gun equipped with a small diameter, long hose. The end of the hose sprays a caramel colored gummy liquid that sprays 360degrees. They spray all the inner panels of the sheet metal. Some places drill holes when they can't find access so I'm not a big fan. This is why I ask where you bought the car from. I think it does help but it's not worth the money IMO.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I worked for the company that does RB Honda's cars. Rust proofing consists of taking a spray gun equipped with a small diameter, long hose. The end of the hose sprays a caramel colored gummy liquid that sprays 360degrees. They spray all the inner panels of the sheet metal. Some places drill holes when they can't find access so I'm not a big fan. This is why I ask where you bought the car from. I think it does help but it's not worth the money IMO.
I bought my si at Burnsville walser Honda.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.