8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a call from my dealer at 5pm tonight. My '06 was being off loaded from the truck!! Of course they were closed then and because of my work schedule, I can't get there until Tuesday (dealer is 90 miles away). But that's ok because that gives them all day Monday to get the aux jack installed. Can't wait to pick it up! As soon as I get some pics, I'll post them.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They had been telling me it would be delivered between the 18th and 22nd. Yesterday was the 19th. So far so good.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
Silver06 said:
They had been telling me it would be delivered between the 18th and 22nd. Yesterday was the 19th. So far so good.
congrats- and sorry for the slow response on the PM. I was out of town.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Silver06 said:
I got a call from my dealer at 5pm tonight. My '06 was being off loaded from the truck!! Of course they were closed then and because of my work schedule, I can't get there until Tuesday (dealer is 90 miles away). But that's ok because that gives them all day Monday to get the aux jack installed. Can't wait to pick it up! As soon as I get some pics, I'll post them.
Hey, your timing may be great on this. I don't know what the financing incentives are in your area but in our area we were able to get 4.79% through Honda Financial, but the order had to be written between November 14th and November 21st. The regular rate in our area was 6.19% If you are financing you may want to check with your dealer. Congrats!!! I've had mine since Thursday and love it!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NYSI - not the SI, mine is plain and simple sedan, LX, manual shift... will upgrade later.

[email protected] - John Holtz Honda? That's where I ended up buying from. 5.1% is what I got quoted. We'll see at Noon when I pick it up. My first Honda also!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK, it's in my driveway. What a great car!! 118 miles back from the dealership. A little bit of everything diving... thruway, city streets, back roads, highway, etc... it handles great, rides smooth, has lots of power, and I love how easy and smoothly it shifts. I highly recommend them. I'll get some good pics in the daylight tomorrow and get them posted.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry everyone, I've been bad about getting pictures. The weather hasn't cooperated enough to keep it clean. I promise, I'll get some pics dirty or clean this weekend and get them posted.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Silver06 said:
[email protected] - John Holtz Honda? That's where I ended up buying from. 5.1% is what I got quoted. We'll see at Noon when I pick it up. My first Honda also!
I also got mine at Holtz. If I had been paying attention to your location I would have asked. They seemed to be the only one in the area willing to deal. Of course Ralph's only had two at the time. Ontario Honda only wanted to talk after I told them I had signed papers at Holtz, and still couldn't beat the deal. Were you able to get the lower finance rate?

So have you driven in any significant snow yet. I did no Thanksgiving Day. I went to my aunt's house in Arcade NY (Wyoming County). We got there at 11am there was no snow by 6:30 there was almost a foot. Car did pretty good, but the lighter weight was noticable. (Our other car is an Olds Intrigue).

·
Registered
342 Posts
Silver06 said:
Sorry everyone, I've been bad about getting pictures. The weather hasn't cooperated enough to keep it clean. I promise, I'll get some pics dirty or clean this weekend and get them posted.
Yep, just brush the snow off first :driving:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Holtz was the only one that could the car we wanted within a 2 week window. Everyone else kept telling me it would be at least the end of December. I dealt with Gary Worth starting out through some e-mail exchanges. Did everything over the phone until the car came in. Was a pleasure dealing with. No pressure. I ended up with the 5.1% financing. I've gotten to drive in about 5 or 6 inches of snow. Does well. I am going to buy some winter tires though just for that extra grip. Got just over 600 miles on it now and we couldn't be happier with it.

We have a few inches of snow on the ground here and it's still snowing right now. I'll get today and post them (and I'll even brush the car off first... lol). What is the best way to post them? Make them small enough to post right in a new post?

·
Registered
21,304 Posts
Silver06 said:
Holtz was the only one that could the car we wanted within a 2 week window. Everyone else kept telling me it would be at least the end of December. I dealt with Gary Worth starting out through some e-mail exchanges. Did everything over the phone until the car came in. Was a pleasure dealing with. No pressure. I ended up with the 5.1% financing. I've gotten to drive in about 5 or 6 inches of snow. Does well. I am going to buy some winter tires though just for that extra grip. Got just over 600 miles on it now and we couldn't be happier with it.

We have a few inches of snow on the ground here and it's still snowing right now. I'll get today and post them (and I'll even brush the car off first... lol). What is the best way to post them? Make them small enough to post right in a new post?
Looking forward to the pics Silver. :) Try www.tinypic.com for your pics.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts